XXXVI

Inertia Louis

I woke up to the sound of the door bell. I ignored it and snuggled further into Zach's chest since I know one of the servants will get the door. However, five minutes later someone knocked at the door of my room. I groaned and got out of bed. I wore the first thing I could grab from my cupboard and answered the door. It was Mia, the head caretaker of the house.

"Ma'am, someone is here to see you."

"Who is it? Did they give a name?" I asked.

"No."

"Then how did the guards let him in?" I asked.

"He's with you mother ma'am."

I looked at the clock, it was only 8:00am so definitely no one from my offices. I walked out to the seating area and when I saw who it was, I stood frozen in my place.  

"Inertia! How long has it been?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"No his and hellos? Come on you can't be so disappointed to see me." He joked.

"After that day we weren't meant to see each other." I stated.

"But now things have changed." said my mother appearing out of no where.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I have a proposal that you have to accept."

"I'm making no deals with you." I spat.

"Inertia, you won't have a choice." My mother said.

"I always have a choice." I said.

"Well this time, if you don't accept this deal, I promise that the pictures I have will go viral." My mother smirked.

"It won't matter, Zach is quitting." I argued.

"You really believe that bullshit? He may leave but when these photos come out, everyone will know what kind of a person you are and the real reason why Zach left. Do you think any other firm will then employ him?" My mother laughed.

"What do you want?" I asked angrily.

"You have to marry me Inertia." Mike said. 

"What?! This is the stupidest thing I've heard! Why would I marry you!? I don't even like you like that." I reasoned.

"You marry him because I want you to." My mother said.

"You don't own me!"

"Oh I sure as hell do."

"I'm sure this isn't some motherly concern so care to tell me what the fuck is going on?" I asked.

"You have a billion dollar businesses and so does Mike. His died a while ago and now he's owner. The both of you get married and have a merger because of which money will flow in like water." My mother declared her master plan.

"Listen to what I'm saying and listen good because I won't repeat. I'm not getting marry to Mike because I have someine else in my life. I love Zach and if I ever get married, it will be him." I declared.

"Then you hear my decision out, you don't marry Mike, your pictures get out. So I give you 2 hours, change your decision by then or you know what happens." My mother said and left with Mike.

I can't do this. Zach and I we love each other. We have just entered into a stable relationship and I'm not going to let anything ruin that. Let the pictures get out, I don't care. Zach and I, we will deal with it. I went back to my room and this time Zach was awake.

"Where did you go? I heard yelling." He asked.

"To the seating area, my mother was there. We just had a normal fight. You know I can't tolerate her." I lied.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." It looked like he didn't totally believe but any which way he let the topic go.

"Oh by the way, that company I went to for my interview called. They want me in." Zach smiled.

"Oh my god that's great! Congratulations!" I hugged him.

"What's say I take you out to celebrate today?" He asked.

"After work I'm all yours." I promised.

"Can't we skip." He groaned.

"Oh trust me I can, I'm the boss but you just got hired. I don't want you to fired on your first day in."

"I should get going than. I have a lot to do." Zach said.

"Okay. I'll go take a shower, shut the door once you leave."

I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower. As the hot water touched my skin I felt my body relax but my mind started racing. Zach just got a job... What if he loses it because of us? What if his reputation is ruined forever? I can tolerate people not liking me but Zach... And if Zach blames me for everything then he will never forgive me. Even if he forgave me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for ruining his life. I can't take such a big risk. I can't let those photos get out.

I have to find a way to destroy them. But for that I need to buy myself some time and there is only one way to do that. Once I was done taking a bath, I stepped out of the shower and walked into my walk in cupboard. Since I have to attend woke today I got dressed for office and called my mother.

"I'm ready. I'll marry Mike."