82. STEVE: No, Sir (2)

A/N) Hi y'all! This was requested by at least three different people, so of course I had to get on it as soon as possible! So here it is: Yes Ma'am Part 2! Hope you all like it!

Oh, and thank you to SummerLoveMoments for this specific request! Really great idea, by the way! I hope it's what you were wanting to see! Lots of love :)

Thanks for reading,

Winnie

Words: 2.6K

The end of the workday can't come fast enough. Soon you're scrambling to collect your things and get out of the office and back to your apartment. For the first time ever you wish you didn't live here: wishing instead you dwelled some place far, far away from Steve Rogers and your embarrassing conversation earlier.

You hurry to your room to avoid any human interaction on your way upstairs. The only person who acknowledges you though is the one calling your cell phone. You consider ignoring the call before picking up on the slightly different jingle that alerts you of Stark.

"What?" you snap into the line. The other people on the elevator, mainly trainees and scientists, glance at you curiously.

"Jesus, who peed in your Cheerios?"

"You did, actually. You and everyone else at that fucking meeting yesterday," you reply impatiently.

"What...? Oh... so you got the message?" The smirk is tangible on Tony's tone.

"Of course I did!" you yelp. Again, everyone's staring at you. Growing annoyed at your lack of privacy you hop off of the lift at the next floor. Nowhere close to your apartment you wander aimlessly around the medical bay. "I got the stupid message and I took your stupid advice, too."

"So you asked the old grump out?" Tony eagerly badgers.

"Yeah, and he turned me down. A total royal flush—all my hopes and dreams are down the drain."

"I'm going to ignore your melodramatic comments because I know you get those from me and it's my fault you've become a drama queen, so beyond that I'm gonna say what the fuck? He turned you down?"

"Pathetic, right? Thanks for making me look like the idiot this time, Stark."

"Hold on, hold on. There should've been no reason for him not to say yes. He even admitted his feelings—"

"After you pressured him in front of a bunch of people! It was probably just him being uncomfortable that made him say those things. You know how he gets in those types of situations. I've had to clean them up with the press too many times before." You pause in your meaningless walk to peer into the open glass viewing window of a science lab. Bruce Banner is in there messing with some sort of chemicals in a tight white coat. He doesn't notice you, nor do any of his assistants.

"Listen, Y/N, I'm telling you the truth here when I say that Cap really does have the hots for you. He's probably just being a pussy."

"That's disgusting, and exactly the type of language that you need to stop using before our next interview scandal."

Tony sighs, "Can you hop out of working mode for just one minute? Take my word as a friend, Y/N."

"We're friends?" you tease.

"Of course we are. Why the hell else would I keep you around? It's not for the coffee—you make shit coffee in the break room," Tony mocks you.

"I thought it was for the attractive company." A smile threatens to tug up your lip.