Chapter 48

(A/N: I like adding these at the beginning chapters to ask questions of my Readers or to notify you of anything. I've actually got a question pertaining to this Novel. Would you like me to write a sort of side chapter on the Capture Targets background? Similar to the one I did for Nathaniel when Lily brought him home and I switched POV's for the first time for him? I was thinking about maybe doing one for Leo and quite possibly Vincent. Only problem with doing one for Vincent though is that I feel his background is so similar to Nathaniel's that it would be slightly redundant but I CAN do one if you would like it. So feel free to leave a comment on your opinions.)

Helena:

Lately I've been playing more with Serena at her mommy's and hers house. Daddy yelled at me with so much anger that I don't want to go home. It was all Mommy's fault that I got yelled at. All I wanted was to make a flower crown. Mommy said I could pick flowers before so its not as if I didn't have an okay. 

She made Daddy mad at me, so I'm mad at her. It's not fair that Daddy ignored me for the past couple of weeks because of it. I'm so mad that I want to hit mommy. 

"Helena, it's getting late sweetie. You should have your maid take you home," Connie said as she walked into Serena's bedroom where we were playing with her dolls. 

I looked up and pouted, "Can't I stay the night?"

"No, Helena. You've not asked permission from your parents and I won't have Lily upset that you didn't at least ask for it."

This made me more angry. "She doesn't care! She doesn't want me there!"

Connie seemed surprised at my yelling but I couldn't stop it. She let out a sigh and said, "Helena, your mother loves you very much. You shouldn't say these types of things. Please just go home and maybe tomorrow you may stay the night if you ask your mother."

With that, she sent the maid I'd brought over into the room. The maid, I didn't know her name, grabbed my hand and helped me get off the floor before leading me out of the room. 

"Bye Helena," Serena shouted from the floor where she continued playing with her dolls. 

"Bye," I mumbled back slightly. 

It didn't take long to get home and when I did I saw mommy and daddy walking towards one of the big training rooms. As I was about to run and give daddy a hug, he turned and when he noticed me, began to glare. I felt the hatred. 

This was all mommy's fault! 

"Helena! You worried me! Please, next time you want to go to Connie's house, let me know," Mommy said from next to Daddy. 

"Shut up! I hate you, mommy!"

I ran in the opposite direction and towards my room. Behind me I could hear Daddy yelling something at me but ignored it so I could try to stop my tears. 

Damon:

I really might just disregard Lily's love and affection for her daughter and skin the brat alive. Lily's face reflected her true emotions and I could see the blatant anxiety and misery over what Helena had just shouted. After I'd yelled at her to come back and apologize but ignored, I pulled Lily beneath my arm and attempted to comfort her. 

She turned her body and sobbed into my shoulder, "I don't know how to fix this, Damon. What did I do wrong?"

Sighing, I answered, "Lily, you didn't do anything wrong. She's a little child and prone to outbursts of emotions that are insubstantial. There's no solid reason for why she'd say that to you. You spoil her rotten and this is the consequence. She'll just need to learn to accept these changes."

I knew that she didn't really listen to what I said because of how distraught she was but felt it was best to speak out anyways. With another sigh I patted her back before gently removing her from my arms in order for her to get herself back together. She visibly shook herself, wiped her tear stained face and gave me a tremulous smile before walking towards the training room. 

When we entered, I noticed Vincent first because he was in his usual spot near the side of the room with a comfy chair to sit and read in. Nathaniel was near where he set up some practice dummies with another boy who had a mop of blonde hair. He was talking animatedly with the child but upon our appearance stopped. 

We got closer and the blonde boy turned to give me his full attention before giving a slight bow. "You must be Damon. I've heard good things about the training you've given Nathaniel and wish to train alongside him with your guidance."

"I'm flattered but I find it unusual that a Caddigan is so far from home. Usually it is tradition for your family to have its younger members train within the family land in your Ancestral Warrior School. Is this truly acceptable behavior and will there be no consequences should I accept?"

The boy rubbed at his chin with his left hand in thought before answering, "I'm rather insignificant to the family. There should be no issue in me training under you. Should there be any problems I will take the full brunt of it."

I stared into his fathomless red eyes and saw that he was telling the truth. Far be it for me to reject the boy especially with his family background. 

"Fine. You'll need to let your parents know that my training may take up entire days at a time. So they'll need to be aware that you'll frequently be absent and to not be to overly concerned. I've just returned today so we will start your training in two days. Feel free to brush up on anything with Nathaniel in the meantime though."

A.N. It's kind of short, I know. But I'm having a hard time writing with everything going on. Felt like I should give you guys something though.