━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter nine: human behavior█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter nine: human behavior
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter nine: human behavior█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     SHE CAN'T FALL ASLEEP. It's late — very late — but for the life of her Indira Beren cannot manage to close her eyes and stay still for more than five minutes before feeling the need to fidget and roll over in her bunk. Kali is snoring softly, feet dangling off the edge of her bed, and EV-1 is powered off to charge, leaving Indira with no company except for her noisy brain.

     General Organa's words from earlier that day itch at her, preventing Indira from finding any sense of tranquility. Who out of Black Squadron could be a traitor? Indira is positive that it isn't Jessika. Call it instinct, but she's certain that the pilot would rather die than betray her friends. Karé Kun didn't seem like a likely culprit either. She'd had hardly spoken with the other woman, but from what Indira had seen and heard, Karé was a loyal friend and ally to the Resistance. Nothing seemed to mark her as a traitor. But if not them, then who? L'ulo L'ampar had been a rebel ally since the days of the Alliance. Temmin Wexley had helped General Organa build the Resistance from the ground up. And Oddy Muva had never been allowed to go on any missions with Black Squadron, which automatically eliminated him. So that left Indira with ... absolutely no one.

      A frustrated huff escapes her lips before Indira sighs and rolls out of bed. Sleep obviously wasn't going to come to her any time soon, and she would likely wake up Kali if she wasn't careful, so she decides to go for a walk. Quietly, she pulls on her training clothes before slipping out into the corridor.

     To her surprise, there's quite a few people milling around the halls outside. It's near o'three hundred, yet parts of the base are still abuzz with activity. As she walks the premises of the base, Indira sees Doctor Cosimo studying a datapad inside the medical bay, catches a glimpse of a few maintenance workers testing security defenses, spots a room full of people in the command center monitoring large holos. It's oddly comforting to know that she isn't the only person awake at such a lonely hour.