Part 1 - Thunder

Rain hit her pelt as she ran, thunder cracking over her head. She ducked her nose along the ground, hoping to find the scents of other wolves soon. Not that she was all that eager for another disappointment. It had been a couple of days now since she left the last pack, a larger one of about eleven wolves. She hoped that for once the size of a pack would resonate with the size of the alpha who ran it.

No dice.

He had been a strong male, smelling of cinnamon and earth. She had turned her nose up at it, she didn't care for cinnamon. She also hadn't cared for the rest of him on further inspection, he was strong yes, but not strong enough. She would surely kill him when the heat hit, a dominant female was no match for most wolves, let alone a wolf like him.

She had been an anomaly from the start. As soon as she was birthed her mother had known the menace she had just unleashed on the world. A gift and a curse.

A gift simply because of her genitalia, female. They were a rarity to her species, only one female born for every eight males roughly. She had been a gem to her father's pack, a gift blessed upon his nine wolves.

A curse because she was a tyrant. A dominant female, what a joke she was.

Submissive females had it made, pick whoever they wanted. You want to be an alpha's bitch? Giver shit, just hope the bastard doesn't shred you apart too bad. You want the simple life? Why the fuck not right? As long as you didn't raise your tail in front of a lowly male you were golden. No need to kill the poor guy with claws and teeth your first heat together.

But a dominant female? Might as well chain herself up now. It was beginning to head into the colder months, the heat would be upon them all now in no time.

And then she would suffer in pain for weeks, killing whatever male got close enough simply because they couldn't even match the strength the heat gave her.

She wondered how many would die at her hands this time. Five? Six? Or would this be the year she beat her record?

One more pack, she told herself. One more and then high tail her ass into the middle of nowhere and chain her ass to a tree. And then hope she was far enough away. It was a shame that when the heat hit the males were also affected. They all thought it was okay to stick their snouts where they didn't belong. Horny bastards. It was truly their own fault.

There was a stigma around dominant females. That the male who could wrangle one was about as good as god. He might as well be she supposed. She had seen almost every wolf on this continent and no bloody male came even close. Even the most talked about wolves were nothing to her, glorified pansies.

After this heat, she would have to leave the continent anyway. No point in waisting another year hunting in territories that she had already searched. Russia was known for dominant wolves. Perhaps she would have better luck there.

Thunder cracked over her head again just as her nose picked up a scent. Wolves.

She grimaced, why was she even bothering. She would show up, stick her nose where it didn't belong, take a look at the other skin he wore only to find out that one was just as disappointing.

Then he would get the idea that just because she was an unmated female traveling alone that he might as well shoot his shot at impressing her. Followed by his neck in her teeth, and the sound submission from his jowls.

She shook her head, ears hitting the sides of her head with the force. Might as well get it over with now.

A form ran up in front of her, sleek body tucking tail.

A female, submissive.

The wolf rolled to the side, exposing her belly to her as she trotted up. Her nose dropped taking in a long sniff of the female's neck. The grey wolf licked her own muzzle, nervous about the hulking figure standing over her.

The female smelt like timber, wind, and another wolf. Mated then. Of course, she would be, she probably picked her male barely into her first heat. Lucky she-wolf.

Neira pulled her nose back, licking the females cheek once.

The smaller wolf rolled back up, tummy pressed into the wet earth. She moved on her belly closer, raising her nose to take in Neira's scent. Her tail was wagging as she did so.

And then she jumped up, almost startling the larger wolf as she looked around happily. She ducked down, keeping her tail and rear in the air.

Play.

She watched the wolf leap around her, ushering her to play and follow her back. Neira took a step in her direction as the shewolf trotted off, tail in the air. A male met them a few moments later.

The shewolf began to rub herself all over the male, showing the new female that this was her wolf. She licked his chin, nipped his shoulder and made sure rub her self against his upended tail. Her tail was under his muzzle when he ducked his head to her.

She didn't duck back, just dismissed the shewolf's display and the male's submission to her.

There were other wolves gathering around them now, 6 in all including the shewolf and her male.

Each male then took a turn smelling her pelt, heads ducked in greeting. She snapped at the larger wolf when his muzzle got a little too close to her rear for comfort.

And then one of the males shifted, human skin covering his body after a few moments.

His manhood was a decent size, but his form was still unimpressive.

"I must apologize, shewolf," he stated voice deep. Rain pelted his chest. "Our Alpha will not be back until dawn, but you are welcome to stay in the visitor's cabin."

So they had heard of the dominant female running across the country in search of a male.

Well better a dry cabin than the thundering rain she supposed. She licked her muzzle, and the grey female ran up beside her to show her the way.

The female shifted human outside the door. Petite body, caramel hair, and dainty assets. Her eyes carried over from her wolf, brown like coffee beans. She pushed the door open, stepping her naked body inside and out of the rain. Neira followed.

It was a simple building, no inner walls. It was all open and there was a loft with a bed up top.

"I am Sada," the woman said turning to her as she too took her other form.

Neira was taller than her, but easily so with Sada's small figure. Sada visibly swallowed but turned to a chest against a wall, pulling out a large t-shirt and tossing it at her.

"You are welcome to stay as long as you like," Sada said glancing at the floor before stepping around her heading to the door.

"My name is Neira," she said as the girl turned back to look at her.

"Well Neira," Sada started. "I hope you find what you are looking for."

And then she slipped out the door a woman and leapt off the steps as a wolf.