Snake Eyes {29}

“What are you thinking about Mark?” Shaw asked as we sat at his kitchen table, playing Memory.

                “I’m thinking about where the hell that stupid Jack is,” I grumbled, flipping over a random card and pouting when it was a 5.

                In all honesty, my thoughts were completely on Maxx. I wasn’t sure getting back together with him would be the right, or smart, decision. I didn’t want to get hurt again. I was terrified of that. But I was also deeply in love with Maxx, and he really was trying.

                “Mark, if you’re thinking about Maxx, please don’t,” Shaw said quietly. “He’ll only hurt you. You know that.”

                Nick nodded in agreement, flipping over a 5 and a 7. “Mark, all he does is fuck with people and their feelings. I know it hurts, but you’d be better off moving on,” he said sincerely.

                “Don’t listen to Nick. He’s all happy and in love with his boyfriend. Listen to me, a single guy! Single life is fun. And safer than being with someone like Maxx,” Shaw promised with a wink.

                “So because I love my boyfriend, I can’t tell him that Maxx is a cheater?” Nick asked, rolling his eyes.

                “Well, you’re a sex addict, and Mark was just a sex addict so…”

                “Hey!” Nick and I whined. Shaw smiled innocently.

                “Well it’s true! Nick, you’ve had more sex than I’ve had hours of sleep. And Mark…eh, you can’t tell me you don’t have dirty dreams about it,” Shaw said with a shrug.

                “Why would I dream about it when I could just do the actual thing?” I asked.

                Shaw and Nick stared at me before laughing. Shaw slapped me on the back and shook his head, still laughing.

                “And you say I’m the pervert,” he said, smirking.

                “You are the pervert,” I confirmed. “And apparently Nick is the sex addict. Which would actually make me the innocent one.”

                “I am not a sex addict! I’ve never had sex with someone I wasn’t dating!” Nick whined.

                Shaw raised an eyebrow. “Yea, and I’m the freaking President,” he said sarcastically.

                Nick blushed. “Okay, okay. Whatever. But I’m not a sex addict!”

                “I’d fuck you,” Shaw said with a shrug.

                “Shaw, I have a boyfriend. I don’t think Nolan would be too happy about that,” Nick said, laughing.

                Shaw shrugged and turned to me. He smirked and slid closer to me. “I guess you’ll have to do,” he said seductively.

                He crawled into my lap and gently pushed me onto the floor, his body pressed against mine, his face inches from my own. Shaw rested his forehead on mine, our lips nearly touching. He gently ran a hand through my hair and his smirk grew wider.

                “What if you had to pick between me and Maxx?” he asked, his voice just barely a whisper. He angled himself so that his hot breath blew on my neck with each word. He continued to run his hand through my hair.