Chapter Ten♥

Dedicated to chinks_viv who made the awesome banner on the side!    

                “I can’t believe you actually skived History so you could hang out with Jared!” Violet shrieked, her brown eyes expanding to the size of saucers.

                “Violet!” I hissed warningly. I paused to glance around the maths classroom; it seemed everyone was too enthralled in Mr. Jenkins’s explanation of algebra to pay any attention to me and Violet. “Will you please keep your voice down?”

                Violet grimaced, “Sorry.”

                “I didn’t skive History to hang out with Jared, I skived History because I didn’t want to get eaten alive by Miss Fields.” I said defensively when I realized what Violet had actually said. It wasn’t as if I had risked my perfect attendance just to hang out with a good looking boy, I had done it for the sake of my wellbeing.

                “I don’t blame you; I heard she made Steve Martin cry.” Violet said lowly. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, Steve Martin was one of the toughest boys in Year Eleven, Miss Fields must have really shook him up to make him cry. “So what did you talk about? Did he pull any moves on you? Wait! Did he kiss you? He seems like the kind of boy who would kiss a girl on a first date, were-“

                “It was not a date!” I interrupted heatedly.

                Violet gave me a disbelieving look, “He bought you lunch and then took you to a bar, according to Lucy that qualifies as a date.”

                “Well Lucy thinks that a lot of things qualify as a date,” I said grimly. I wasn’t being bitchy about one of my best friends, I was simply stating a fact, Lucy saw a lot of things as going on a date, one time she even though eating dinner with Michael Watson was a date, when in fact he just wanted to go over their Biology notes and sneakily steal some of her apple crumble when she wasn’t looking. “And he bought me donuts, not dinner.”

                “So? Donuts are still food,” Violet said before she smiled smugly, “Did Jared make a move on you?”

                I gasped in horror, “Of course not!”

                “Come on Jade, that guy screams total player, don’t even try to tell me he didn’t make a move on you.” Violet scoffed in disbelief.

                “He didn’t try to make a move on me Violet!” I responded angrily.

                “So he didn’t try to kiss you?” Violet questioned, “Or hold your hand or put his arm around you?”

                I frowned when I remembered the way that Jared had pulled me close to him when we had been walking into Black Jack Joes. Had he been trying to make a move on me then? To be honest I had seen it as a rather sweet gesture, a gesture to comfort me before we went outside.

                “He did try something.” Violet guessed when I failed to reply.

                “No…” I began irritated, “All he did was put his arm around me on the way in – but that was only because I was terrified of going inside the pub. I’d never been in that part of town and I guess I was just scared that I was going to get stabbed or something…He was just being nice!”