Chapter XLII

Thank you, Marie, for sending me your cover on Twitter. Follow her on twitter @xxbroken13xx and also, make sure to send your covers to me on my twitter, @dreamingtobe_17

I grabbed a hair tie and started gathering all of my hair up, twisting it and put it into a messy bun. I wore my pizza socks and went downstairs to grab some brewed coffee. After pouring myself some brewed black coffee, I went back upstairs to my bedroom and placed the mug on my working table.

I opened my laptop and started typing my password. Once I successfully opened my laptop, I clicked the Word document and started typing my essay for the college I am applying at which is Columbia State University New York which is located in New York, New York City—of course.

After typing for like hours, I decided to take a 5-minute break. I opened Safari and searched youtube to watch some Youtubers like MyLifeAsEva, Zoella, Casper Lee, PointlessBlog, ThatcherJoe and of course, Liza Koshy.

I took a sip of my brewed black coffee when I heard someone ringing the doorbell downstairs, I looked at my digital alarm clock and it shows that it's already 12:06 PM. I placed my mug on my table and went downstairs to open the door.

I unlocked the door, twisting the knob to open it, "Let's go somewhere," Cayden said as he grabs my arm. I gave him a questioning look and he just blinks his eyes at me. "Adventure?" He says.

"It's 12 in the afternoon," I said.

"And?" He asks and I roll my eyes as I remove his hand from my arm, crossing my both of my arms to my chest.

"I'm busy," I added and it's his turn to roll his eyes at me. "Busy on what exactly?" He asks and I took a deep sigh. This guy is never taking no for an answer. I shake my head and was ready to close the door.

"I'm doing an essay," I said and he gives me a strange look that I can't even explain, but his eyebrows are quirking at me. "Essay on what?" He asks again.

I took another deep sigh, "You know what, how about you come back at around 3 or 4. Will that make you leave my house now?" I said as I raise my right eyebrow at him and he smiles at me.

"Alright, I'll see you later then," He said as he steps down the front porch and starts walking towards his car, "Don't forget to wear something warm!" He shouted and I roll my eyes sarcastically and chuckled as I closed the door.

I went back upstairs to continue typing my essay that is due 2:30 PM Eastern Time. I'm about to finish typing my essay when my phone suddenly lights up and vibrates on my desk, I grabbed my phone to check who it was.

Cayden <12:12 PM, Saturday> I'll pick you up at 3 PM sharp ;)

And I decided to seen-zone his text.

***

We were walking for 20 minutes straight, no break and my legs are killing me. It's so cold today, I should've worn something underneath my turtleneck sweater and I should've worn my converse sneakers instead of my beige ankle heel boots.

I wasn't even informed that we'll be walking for god knows how long. I kept slowing down in my path because of the pain my foot has to endure. The sciatic area of my back foot is hurting, "Are you okay?" 

Cayden asks and I look up, putting on a fake smile and nodded. I stood up properly and continue walking, I suddenly felt another pain on my other foot on the same spot. My legs squat because of the pain.

Cayden jogged towards me, bending down next to me, "How about we take a break?" He says and I released a deep sigh. I removed my boots and take a look at the back of my foot which is a bit swollen and red because of the high heel boots.