Pup

A throat cleared and Neira's eyes flashed open like water had been thrown on her face. 

Judd stood at the top of the stairs, gazing at the wall.

Fuck sakes.

She must have gotten warm in the night for in her sleep she had kicked the blankets off her body. And of course, she refused to wear fucking pajamas... not that she even had any to wear. It's a good thing she normally slept on her stomach. All Judd got to see on this fine morning was a full white moon. 

She sighed and stood. Judd watched her move to pick up the same shorts and shirt from the day before, careful to keep his eyes on her face. 

He still saw enough. Saw the toned limbs, long, long, long legs, an ass like a very large apple and breasts. The best breasts he had ever seen probably. 

"You know," Neira started pulling her hair out from under her shirt. "I am more than capable of rising in the mornings without a damned wake up call."

Judd cocked a grin at her, "Oh really?"

"Yes," she snapped, hands resting on her now clothed hips.

"Hmm," he said, "You do know it's one in the afternoon right?"

She blinked at him. Oh, she must have been exhausted...

"And you stuffed your face last night pretty good I see so that probably didn't help."

She snarled at him, "I did not!" She had begun to follow him down the stairs.

But of course, she had not bothered to clean up the mess from her late night snacking. It looked as if a wild animal had torn the place apart. Which, she supposed, wasn't completely false. 

"I'll be sure to gather more food. No doubt with the heat nearly upon us you and Sada will start eating more anyway. God knows Sada eats her weight on a good day." Judd turned to her, leaning up against the counter. "I assume with the heat you both will be monstrous."

Neira looked at him. "I honestly couldn't tell you." She wanted to turn her nose up at him. 

Judd studied her face, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, I normally try to starve myself leading up to the heat," Neira explained. "I kill less that way." She shrugged in his direction, not bothered by her admission. It had never been a secret how she hid from the heat. Many wolves had asked her and she couldn't blame them. They were curious. "And I cannot eat during the heat so..."

"What do you mean you can't eat?" Judd gave her a glare out of the corner of his copper eyes. 

She just looked at him, as if it was obvious. "I try to keep myself bound. That way I can't go looking for trouble. Can't really hunt if I am chained to a tree or two."

Judd ran a hand through his hair, turning eyes filled with pity on her. Oh, she wanted to sock that look right off his face. She glared. "I don't remember usually anyways," she snapped. "The pain knocks me unconscious."

That didn't wipe the look of pity off his face.

She stalked past him, pointing a finger at his chest. "You don't get to look at me like that. I am not some lowly female who cannot handle a little pain or lack of food. And if you don't wipe that look off your face I will gladly do it again."

Judd grinned at down at her. "Oh? Little shewolf is demanding when she needs help."

He almost didn't catch the right hook she sent his way fast enough. So she settled with a blow to his gut with her left. He doubled over for a moment, winded.