FORTY-SEVEN

Dear Chris,

I know it may seem weird that I just walked up to you and randomly handed you a letter, considering we never really had a conversation before. I know you and my best friend have something deep between you two, and I want whats best for her. I won't be around since I have to go back home soon but I think it's best if you know this. I'd hate to have you blindsided and clueless when shit hits the roof.

Trinity's mother is no longer in her life because she's bipolar. This disorder causes her mother to be at the very highest and then the lowest of low in a matter of seconds. She often enters Trinity's life and then leaves as fast as she comes. I don't remember when was the last time Trinity has spoken to her mother, but I believe it was a little before Trin moved to New York.

Her mother took all the money her and her father had and left them dry. This has always been a thing her mother does, but it was never this serious to where her father wanted to move so far from California until now.

There's a great chance that Trinity might be bipolar too. I can't tell you the signs of this disorder besides the ones I already explained that her mother has. I don't know when her bipolar will trigger, I don't know what may trigger it, I don't know anything.

Chris, you have to make it your job to make sure Trinity's okay. Make sure she isn't in any trouble. Reach out to her father, he should know what to do. Take care of my best friend.

Thank you,

Jasmine.

Omniscient

Trinity's father quickly took his eyes off the road to glance at his daughter. She looked worn out and exhausted. The look in her eyes are very familiar, but he couldn't put his thumb on it.

"I'm worried about you, baby." He said slowing down at a stop sign.

Biggie Smalls' Gimme the Loot played lowly on the radio. Tristian nodded his head to the beat and tapped the steering wheel simultaneously.

He sighed as Trinity ignored his presence. She didn't feel like being bothered, he was making a big fuss out of nothing. He had nothing to worry about, she's fine.

"So why did I have to sign you out of school, and what happened to your hand? Did you get into a fight? Your clothes all stretched out and shit, you better have won."

She ran her hands through her hair with her good hand, sighing. Her hand is badly bruised from punching that kid in the face.

Looking out the window, the afternoon sky looked cloudy and gloomy.

After a few moments later she responded, "I'm fine."

"Okay baby girl," He nodded giving her a weak smile. "You hungry? Want some Chinese food?"

Trinity nodded, feeling a little better about getting something to eat. Her father made a detour and headed to the only Chinese spot they both eat at. It wasn't that far from their home and the food is great, despite the "B" rating the restaurant has.

He looked at her giving her a weak smile, "There's no parking, so I'm gonna double park and you get the food okay?"

She reluctantly nodded her head, watching him get his wallet from his jean pocket. He handed her twenty dollars and unlocked the door so she can get out.

"You know what I want, the regular." He added as she exited the car.

Trinity nodded and closed the door, crossing the street to the Chinese spot. It was empty except for the two people that sat at the small table in the corner. She walked up to the counter grabbing a menu, even though she already knows what to order.