07

Lyra (1)

"There you go Wibby." I smiled as I poured in the last of the food for the last sky bison. "There, you guys are fed and-"

"Oh, you're back."

I turned around and Korra was making her way toward me. I ran over and hugged her, "Thank you so much for covering me!"

"No problem." She replied with a sigh. I pulled away, "Everything okay?"

"Not really!" She gritted. I didn't mention about the situation I witnessed earlier. Instead, I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "How about we head to the arena and you can take out all your frustration on the gym equipment."

Korra nodded, "That sounds like a good plan. But Tenzin's right, you do spend a lot of time there."

I chuckled nervously while scratching the back of my neck, "What can I say? It's like a second home."

Once we were in the arena's gym, I took a seat on the bench while Korra began to roughly bend the earth discs into the net.

"You're back." I slightly jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and Mako was smiling down at me. "I always am." I lightly laughed.

Mako took a seat next to me and furrowed his brows at Korra. "What's she doing here?"

I shrugged, "Letting out some steam. Where's Bolin?"

"Creating some steam." Mako winked. I raised a brow. "The shower." He clarified. I made an 'O' shake with my mouth and nodded.

Mako nudged me, "Let's have some fun." I half-smiled, "Doing what?"

"I can think of something."

"I can't leave her."

"She's in her own world right now, she won't notice."

"...alright, alright. Lead the way."

When Mako grabbed my hand, I felt my stomach stir. He lead me to the balcony and I gave him a confused expression, "The balcony? What are we going to do here?"

He walked toward the edge of the balcony with a smirk, "It's not about what's in the balcony. It's about what's under the balcony." I walked beside him while we got onto the elevator that would bring us down to the bottom of the arena.

I put my hand into the water, "Hm, I expected it to be colder."

"I know what could be fun."

"Wha-?"

Mako pushes me into the water and as I begin to swim up, I could hear him laugh. I groaned, "Really?!"

"You gotta admit, that was pretty funny!" He continued to laugh, "You should've seen your face when you fell in!"

"You're so bleh!" I stick my tongue out at the end of my sentence. "Help me out chicken head!"

"Okay, okay." Mako shook his head with grin as he walked over and reached for my hand. I smirked as I pulled him down into the water.

I giggled while I looked around for him. When he didn't come up, I got a little concerned. "Mako...? Mako?!"

I yelped as I felt a pair of hands grasp my waist and pull me down. When we came back up for air, Mako laughed once again  and I rolled my eyes in a playful manner. "You're annoying."

"Am I?"

I nodded, "Yeah, you are." I began to splash him and he did the same. We did this for a moment until he grabbed my arms and pulled me toward him.

"Am I?"

My stomach erupted with butterflies while I watched him eye my lips.

I nodded slowly, "....just a little."

Mako's hands started to move down to my waist. I placed my arms around his neck and our eyes were fixated on each other's parted lips.

He started to lean in and I did the same. you do deserve me.

Our lips were inches away, but before they could touch, Korra's voice echoed through the arena. "Lyra?! Are you here?!"

"...I guess she noticed." Mako whispered, "That's too bad."

I removed my arms from around his neck and he let go of my waist.

I cleared my throat. "We should get back up there ."

"Yeah, whatever you want."