22. Tragic destiny

The moon partially brightened the road. It was now a good ten minutes that we drove. I had leaned near my window. I was watching in silence the desert landscape that passed before my eyes. The stars were shining brightly tonight. I should enjoy this show but I really didn't mind that.

As for Evann Black, he remained closed in his silence too. His gaze was focused on the road. It was as if I didn't exist. Like I'm just a ghost.

A ghost... I was going to become soon one anyway. Evann Black made me understand that when I no longer serve him anything he "would take great pleasure to eliminate me". It was the words he had uttered before he locked me up in one of those sinister pieces of the villa.

He had used me to find information on the secret landmark of his enemies. And now? It was only a matter of time before he eliminated me for good.

He was going to kill me ... like all the men he had coldly shot that night. He was looking forward to this moment.

How arrived I here? My life had really taken a bumpy ride since I arrived in Arizona.

I had the ambition to make a fresh start with the beginning of my student life. I had planned to spend time with Kourney, to meet new people. I had also considered continuing photography with ever more passion. My only and true link that still tied me today to my older brother Kylian.

But ... all my plans had been turned upside down by this bloody murderer.

I only wanted one thing now : to go back home. In Boston with my parents. Take refuge in their arms and tell them that I love them from the bottom of my heart. I missed them terribly.

I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing them again. They must have suffered terribly since my abduction.

At this thought my heart sank. Tears began to run down my cheeks. Evann Black had broken my life.

I kept crying silently in my corner when a voice made me jump.

"Stop whining. "

Mad with rage, I hurriedly returned to him to shout in the face :

"It's because of you!It's because of you that my life has become a hell! So you're not surprised if I'm bawling at this moment! Because it's your fault shit!"

My nerves were letting go. I had no longer control of my emotions.

Faced with my sudden aggression towards him, Evann Black abruptly stopped the vehicle on the road before raising the tone too :

"You think I've asked to steal a kid like you for several days ?! I'm for nothing if you were there when I killed this guy in Phoenix. I had no intention of seeing your mouth again but Jaron decided otherwise!"

He put his hand in his hair and grabbed his blonde wig to pull it off furiously. His black hair was now released, giving him back his usual dark look. A few locks fell in front of his dark eyes.

He raised his voice again :

"So fuck, don't tell me it's my fault ! The one who demanded that I take you away is him and only him !"

I was troubled by his sudden statement. He ... defended himself. He blamed the leader of his gang. As if he wanted me to reproach him for nothing. Bullshit.

  No matter what he was telling me, it had never stopped him from being execrable with me. Monstrous especially when he attacked me physically and I was swaying death threats. He had no empathy for me and he liked to let me know every day.