Birthdays

[Requested by SassyCC for the cover design :)]
[A day late, happy belated birthday Alexander Hamilton <3]

[AU where they live in a house/apartment outside of their college, Alex still in his last year and John graduated, Alex having come from the Caribbean a year ago to go to college here, meeting John shortly afterwards]

John whistled to himself as he strode into the household, opening the door with a swing and grinning widely, "Wifey, I'm home!"

There was silence for a moment.

"I'm not your wifey!" A voice called from down the hallway of that house that John and Alex shared.

John chuckled before making his way into the hallway of the house, looking to a doorway to his right, looking into the living-room to see Alex on the couch with his glasses on, attempting at pulling his tie up. John's grin fell to tender smile as he saw Alex and his attempts at tying his tie and growling in frustration when he couldn't.

"Need some help?" John murmured as he made his way into the living-room and approached Alex, stopping beside him where he sat on the couch, now slumping back against it in defeat.

"I'm an not throwing away this tie, but I really want to." Alex huffed.

"Here," John knelt down to Alex's seated height and held his tie, slowly beginning to retie it, "I've showed you how to tie this how many times now?"

Alex gave John a slight glare as he looked away.

John simply chuckled in return.

"Seventeen times..." Alex muttered bitterly.

John paused, looking up to see Alex's frustrated, flustered features before letting out a laugh, "You counted?"

"Counted? Of course I counted! Numbers make up information that's important, John." Alex rolled his eyes.

"Yeah?" John chuckled as he pulled up the tie and leaned back, resting his hands on Alex's knees to look directly at him.

"Yeah, numbers are absolutely essential," Alex nodding as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Ew, math." John got up to sit beside Alex.

"Not just math, but...history." Alex nodded once again.

"I graduated college last year, Al— I don't need to learn anymore." John groaned as he let his head fall onto Alex's shoulder.

Alex couldn't help but smile with a sigh as John looked up at him with wide eyes, "I mean dates."

"Dates? We could go on a date, Yeah." John grinned widely.

"I mean dates as in days." Alex snickered as he put his arm around John's shoulders, pulling him closer, John not minding one bit.

"Like events, you mean?" John sighed, a bit disappointed as he liked the other kind of dates that he had suggested.

"No, the fruit." Alex dead-panned before continuing, "Things such as when Valentine's Day is-"

"-Which you almost forgot last year." John mumbled.

Alex rolled his eyes, "We've been dating for under a year, John, nobody took the time to tell me this,"

"Cos you went straight from the Caribbean to a scholarship, boyfriend goals, huh?" John winked.

"PfT, you're boyfriend goals." Alex kissed John's head, earning a small giggle of joy from John, "Valentine's Day, Which I'll remember this year," he added the last part quickly, "That your birthday is on October...twenty eighth— and you want to cosplay as a matching costume this year,"