Missed Calls

"You ok?" Mingyu arched his neck so he could properly see Wonwoo.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're frowning. Did I do something wrong?"

Wonwoo thought for a bit. If he said anything Mingyu might feel as if Wonwoo was forcing it upon him. Curiousity took over nevertheless.

"Just friends?" He didn't mean it to be but his question sounded rather flirtatious.

Mingyu smirked and looked back at the TV hoping his red cheeks weren't glowing too bright "That's your own fault."

"What?"

"You won't let me take you out on a date."

Wonwoo lost all ability to breath correctly. Whilst his heart was thumping against his ribcage as if it was trying to escape and flutter around the room he tried to keep a composed image but his wide grin was giving him away.

He seriously liked Mingyu. There was no use denying it for any longer; the butterflies in his stomach wouldn't let him.

Then he remembered what he wanted to tell Mingyu or rather what he needed to tell him.

"Mingyu. I need to tell you something really important." His voice was barely audible but as soon as he finished his sentence his chest tightened so much he wanted to take it back. He hoped Mingyu didn't hear but his prayers were rejected when Mingyu paused the movie and turned his body to face him.

"I'm all ears."

Crap. Wonwoo started panicking. All the words he had planned in his head became muddled and faded and his confidence dropped so low it could've touched Hell's fire.

"Nevermind." He attempted to drop the conversation without the fact that Mingyu was the most persistant guy he knew in mind.

"But you said it was important?"

"It's not. Don't worry about it." Wonwoo bit his lip.

"You can tell me anything, you know?"

"I know."

"So, tell me."

"I don't want to tell you!" Wonwoo lost his patience slightly and snapped back. This part of his life was unbelievably important and that meant he should only reveal it when he's completely comfortable too. So not now.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry for being interested." Mingyu's tone held some sarcasm and Wonwoo didn't like it.

"Don't be like that."

"Be like what?"

"You're acting like I owe you an explanation!" His temper started to rise again and so did the volume of his voice.

"Well, you were the one who said it was important!" Mingyu started shouting too.

"Yeah and I was also the one who said I didn't want to tell you." He pushed Mingyu's arms off his shoulders and stood up. His head brushed against the ceiling of their pillow fort.

"You can trust me." Mingyu's voice softened. He wanted to know more about Wonwoo so he could be there for him when he needed it.

"Well, I don't. Get over yourself!" Wonwoo's voice was still loud. Too loud.

Mingyu didn't answer, he just stared at Wonwoo straight in the eyes with a shocked expression. Wonwoo immediately regretted it all.

"You don't trust me?" Mingyu said eventually. His voice was timid and broken almost as if he was about to cry.

Then it was Wonwoo's turn to not answer back. He wasn't sure if that was the truth or if he had just said it in the heat if the moment. He had only known Mingyu for a month which wasn't enough time to learn everything about him so maybe it wasn't that Wonwoo didn't trust him it was just that he didn't know him enough to.