Chapter Twenty Six|| Reunited

{Aurora's POV}

We waited around patiently. I could hear Isabella's heart racing from across the room. Glancing at her, I watched as she bit her nails. I noticed that was a nervous habit she did.

The door opened and Zander quickly walked in.

"They're here." He said and the three of us stood to our feet.

We followed him downstairs and outside and sure enough, Brett stood holding Maverick's arm and Isabella's breath hitched.

Maverick was bloody and bruised. I grimaced thinking of the things they did to him. I know it wasn't easy torture. It was the worst of the worst.

"Here he is." Brett mused and threw him on the ground in front of him.

Jackson's jaw tightened and he walked over helping Maverick up and Isabella was quick to run to him. Maverick easily relaxed once he was in Isabella's grasp.

"Now go. I don't want to see nor hear from you or about you ever again. Don't forget my warning." Jackson said in a threatening voice.

"Dully noted." Brett said with a small growl and his eyes moved from Jackson to me.

"See you around, Amara." he said emphasizing my real name and I went to step forward when Jackson caught me.

"He's not worth your time. Don't let him get under your skin. That's what he wants." Jackson said next to my ear.

"Get out of here before I break your legs this time." I gritted out and the humor once in Brett's eyes vanished.

"One day." He mumbled and turned walking off with his men.

One day i'll kill him.

We turned our attention towards the couple whispering sweet nothings to one another.

"They're finally happy again." Jackson whispered to me wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

A smile finally found its way onto my face.

"They are. We should get them home. I want guards at their house at all times." I said facing Jackson and he grinned tightening his arms around me.

"I like you in Luna mode." He said and I smirked.

"Yeah? Well get used to it, buddy. Im not going anywhere." I winked and he let out a playful growl.

"I was counting on it." I let out a chuckle.

"Zander, help the two of them get home safe. Have guards posted there at all times for a bit. No less than two, no more than four." Jackson commanded to Zander who bowed his head.

"Of course, Alpha."

***

"You won't believe what we got in the mail." Jackson said.

He was sitting behind his desk and I was sketching some drawings while sitting on the couch.

"What?" I asked not moving my eyes from the paper.

"We got an invitation to Ryker's annual Christmas Ball." He mused and I looked up scrunching my nose.

"Ryker?" He let out a chuckle and nodded.

"This year he wants all us Alphas and Lunas to come because he is bringing Madeline into the pack as luna." He said.

"That's exciting." I said going back to my drawing.

"Yeah, I usually don't go but I know if I skip this year I'll hear his whining for another two years." He groaned and I chuckled.

"I don't mind going actually. I think we need to get our minds on something else." I said looking up at him and his eyes widened slightly.