iii. House of Flowers

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

THREE HOUSE OF FLOWERS

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

     YOU KNOW, HOLLY thought that not much could happen in the five minutes she spent in the girls' toilets, brushing her teeth and her hair and massaging in the enchanted hair serum to make her locks a little shinier. But, alas, just she goes to open the bathroom door, raring and ready to go, Daphne walks in.

     "The rest of us are still getting ready," says Daphne, as she piles toothpaste onto her purple toothbrush. The four are sharing a cup, to put toothbrushes in. Holly's is the pink one... Obviously. "I think Malfoy's about to go to the hall, though, and get breakfast..."

     Holly nods. She's barely spoken to her cousin, she feels like, but you know what? She's starving and in need of toast with strawberry jam. There are far worst things than awkwardly eating breakfast. Like, wearing white jeans and sitting anywhere. Or forgetting to charge an electric toothbrush. Or Durmstrang. But whatever.

     So, whilst her friends are still getting ready, Holly walks towards the common room — she's grateful she at least knows the direction to this place — where her cousin's standing around next to one of the leather sofas. The two called Crabbe and Goyle are next to him. When are they not?

     "They're still getting ready, so, hello," says Holly. She smiles slightly because really, they've got no say in this. She's going to walk to the hall with them, whether they like it or not. She wants toast and she wants it now. Speaking of which— "Why are you standing around?"

     "We're waiting for Nott and Capote," says Draco. Zabini stands up from the sofa, the one with the back facing them. He walks over to them, pulling his schoolbag over his shoulder.

    Holly frowns. Capote? Her brain immediately thinks of Truman Capote, and she knows that there is no way in hell that some kid at Hogwarts is related to one of the greatest writers ever, but the surname catches her off-guard. Maybe it's also because the writer's a muggle and she knows that wizards like to ignore any sort of muggle culture. Which sucks for them, she thinks, because you know who they're missing out on? Cher. An icon.

     "Do we get our lessons at breakfast, then?" she asks. Mainly to put an end to the silence, but also, she'd like to know what lessons she has today.

     Draco nods. "We also share lessons with another house," he tells her. Holly sees his upper lip twitch like he's personally offended by something. She tries her best not to look as confused as she feels. "It's normally Gryffindor."

     Holly says, "That's the one you hate, yeah?"

     "There's a reason for it!" says Draco. "Slimy git—"