113

Harry Styles

I watch her lean over the counter, looking down at the wounded bird in a kitchen drawer she took out and emptied- filling it with tea towels. The back of her two fingers lightly run down the back of the bird that she bandaged up with a piece of gauze from the medicine cabinet.

I sit at the breakfast nook, watching her from the distance care for the little animal.

"I don't think it's broken, I think it's just sprained." She mumbles while keeping her eyes glue to the bird.

"Baby it's just a bird, why do you care so much?" I say while keeping my hands folded on the counter top.

"Because I do." She says quietly, still looking at the bird.

It's funny how different we see things. I was fine with just chopping the thing in half- yet she acts like this small bird is apart of her family or something. She has such a warm charisma to herself that she is willing to help anything in need. Her heart is so full of love and compassion.

"What will you do if it's wing doesn't heal?" I ask while getting up and walking over to the counter that she leans on. I grasp her hips from behind her, resting my chin on her shoulder and looking down at the bird sitting in the blanketed light kitchen drawer.

"It will heal." She states.

"But what if it doesn't?"

"That's not an option."

I chuckle and shake my head, she can be very delusional sometimes.

"Alright babe whatever you say." I squeeze her hips before pulling away and walking to the cupboards.

"Harry.." She mumbles while turning away from the bird to face me, leaning her hip on the counter.

"Yes princess." I answer while scanning my eyes in the cupboards for food.

"You never told me about the guys." She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask in clarification.

"Are they okay? Have you been in communication with them since the battle?" She asks while crossing her arms.

"Oh, well I know Niall's fine, I've been in contact with him. And he told me that Louis made it out- but I haven't heard about Liam yet." I answer while realizing we have a limited amount of non perishable food.

"I hope Liam's okay. Where are they right now? I mean you said that they all lived here." She asks.

"I'm not really sure. I think Louis has a place somewhere. I'm going to have to call a meeting soon for the gang but I need to figure out where. It can't be here because if someone finds out where we are living then we are screwed." I say while grabbing a can of corn from the cupboard.

"A meeting?"

"Yeah, I need to discuss around with people about what the next move is. And I also need to see how
many are left."

"Oh. So am I going to have to come to this meeting?" She asks in curiosity.

"Yes, sorry baby but I'm not leaving you alone anywhere for a while. And besides, its not going to be a sit down event where I stand at a podium or shit. It will most likely be a party that I'm gonna just walk around and ask people where they are staying right now and discuss the plans." I say while holding up a can of corn to her, seeing if she wants it.