#20

HYEJIN POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night because of the knocks on the door. I threw the blanket off my body, rubbing the sleep of from my eyes whilst walking towards the door. I opened but met with nothing. Then I felt a tug at my pants. I looked down and saw a pouting Yerin.

I smiled, crouching down so that I was in the same level as her. "What's wrong, princess?"

"Can't shleep.." She mumbled. I ruffled her hair, standing straight up and let her enter my room with her favourite blue blanket and plushie. She struggled to climb on the bed, making me laugh a bit. I helped her and she thanked me.

We laid down on the bed, side by side until Yerin decided to climb and sleep on top of me. I chuckled and hugged her.

"Nightmares?" I asked her, she nodded.

"I shaw daddy hwurt peopwle." My eyes widen. "Daddy wash sho mad, it made me shcare, mommy." She snuggled more into my chest, burying her face.

I patted her back, telling her that it was just a dream.

"Daddy won't hwurt me right, mommy?" I shook my head.

"Of course not. Your daddy loves you."

"Do you lwove me?"

"Course I do." I pulled her face up, planting kisses on her face that tickles her. She laughed while trying to tickle me back. We played for awhile until Yerin said she was tired.

"I dwon't wanna wake today." I frowned at her.

"Why?" She sighed, pulling my face to look at her. She had a serious expression on her face. I tried my best to stiffle my laugh, knowing that she was being dead serious right now.

"Becaush, I'll meet Areum unnie." She scowled more. Areum? The name that Jungkook said to me.

"You don't like her?" She shook her head eagerly. Squeezing my cheeks more just to make sure I wasn't looking anywhere but her when she talked. I bet I looked like an ugly fish right now.

"I dwon't like her. She gave me vanilla ice cweam inshtead of shocolate. And she pwinched my cheeks, itsh hurt. And she hit me."

She whispered the last part but because of the dark silent night, I heard her well. I sat up, picking her to sit on my lap.

"She hit you? Where?" Yerin pointed at her cheek. That woman slap this poor little cute girl?!

"Oh honey," I hugged her. "Did it hurt? She hit you hard?" She nodded. I tched while rocking Yerin back and forth in mu embrace. I could hear a small sniff came out from her mouth.

"Did you tell uncle Tae or your daddy about this?" She shook her head. I pulled away to look at her angrily.

"Why? She hit you. Why won't you tell?" Her eyes became teary at my sudden attitude. She knew I was angry at her. She darted her eyes down with a pouty lips.

"S-she.. She.. said that.. if I tell, she wi.. will twake me away frowm daddy." And by now, she had already burst into fit of crying. Tears stained her pink pyjamas. I quickly pulled her into a hug, apologizing for being mad at her.

"Dwon't b-be mad at m-me, mommy." She plead.

"No, no. I'm not mad. I'm sorry, okay princess." I felt she clutched more at my shirt, crying become slow and her breath started steadying.

Few minutes later, I peeked at her, she was already sleeping. I huffed, tucking her under the blanket. A sudden knock at my door startled me.

I walked towards the door and opened it. There stood Taehyung with a worried face.

"Is Yerin here?" I nodded my head. He huffed in relief. He must be worried about Hyejin.

"I'm sorry. I'm such a deep sleeper sometimes. I'll take her back to her room, then."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. She can sleep here."

"Really? Are you okay with it?" I smiled at him. Nodding my head. He then shrugged and thanked me. Excusing himself to go back to sleep.

I closed the door, making my way next to a peacefully sleeping Yerin. I played with her hair before closing my eyes.

~~~~~

"Uncle Tae, I'm sick." Yerin said, and to prove her statement, she faked cough.

"Oh, really. Pretty girl don't get sick. I guess you're not pretty then." Yerin eyes widen and she quickly shook her head.

"Nwo nwo. I'm fine now. I'm not sick." Me and Taehyung laughed at her cuteness, but stopped when Jungkook walked into the kicthen. Eye bags more obvious, hair messy. Seemed like he didn't get a good sleep last night.

"Daddy! Good morning!" Yerin beamed. Jungkook picked his daughter up, kissing her face a few times before sitting her back on the chair. His gazed then fell at me. We locked eyes for a moment before I decided to break it.

"Baby, have you done eating?" Yerin nodded her head. "Good girl. Can you go and wake uncle Tae for me?" Yerin beamed an okay before scrambling down from her seat towards Taehyung's room.

Now it was just me, and Jungkook. And it was so fucking awkward.

"Uhmm.. Good morning." He said while scratching his neck. I nodded at him, continuing to eat my breakfast.

"A-are.. Are you mad at me?" I squinted my eyes at him. Wow, what happened to the almighty heartless Jungkook.

"About what?"

"Yesterday?"

I shook my head with a smile. "Why would I be mad. Besides, it's not even your fault that the book fell on me-"

"I wasn't talking about the books." He cut me. I stared at his face questionly. He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"About calling Areum instead of your name."

I ahh in understatement. I gave him another genuine smile, telling him that I wasn't mad about it at all. Which was a pretty clear bullshit.

"Are you sure?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Course I am. I'm not ma-"

"Cause I am." He stared at me. Deep into my orbs. He walked closer to me, making our gap decreasing.

"I'm mad at myself. I told you I'm moving on, but it seems that I can't. I keep remembering her. I'm so sorry when I call you by her name. I didn't realize it."

"Jungkook, it's fine. Really. I understand. We are not even in a relationship anyway. You don't have to worry about it."

He pressed his lips into a thin line. Then he clicked his tongue.

"What if I want to?"

I frowned. "You want what?" He suddenly leaned closer towards me. Our faces were only so close that I could felt his minty breath tickling my face.

"What if I want to have a relationship with you."

Classes start and yeah, more late update thank you so much. Have a nice day and please please please vote for me. Thank you. Love you all. 😍 😘 😘