Chapter 11

The next morning I'm waiting until my dad gets here before leaving my room. As soon as I see his shiny grey car pull into the driveway I dart out of my room and down the stairs. I bump into Alexander on the stairs.

"Woah slow down shortie." He says, holding my arm to keep me from falling over.

"I'm only short compared to you. You're five years older than me." I complain, stepping past him.

"I was still taller than you when I was fourteen." He says.

"Shut up!" I call.

Once I get to the bottom of the stairs, I scurry down the hall and to the front door. The door is just starting to open when I fling my self at it.

"Woah!" Dad cries as I hug him.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you too munchkin." He says, lowering me back to the ground.

I glare. As my brothers file into the entry way I check out Leo, Ryder and Hunter to see if they have all come up with an evil way of torturing me. I can't tell. My dad hugs all the boys hello and heads off to find my mom in the kitchen. My three oldest brothers follow which leaves me with Hunter and Cameron.

Hunter steps towards me. He knows he can't hurt me right now because my mom and dad are just in the other room.

"What's wrong with you? You're so jumpy." He asks.

"Be quiet." I say not taking my gaze off the ground.

"Seriously Emma, you're so scared that I'm gonna hurt you." Hunter says, smirking.

"I wonder why I would think that." I say sarcastically.

Cameron laughs from his spot behind Hunter.

"Leave me alone." I whine, trying to shove past Hunter.

He puts his hands on my shoulders to stop me from walking. I groan and hang my head.

"I'll call mom." I complain.

"Fine." Hunter says, letting go of me.

I scurry past him and Cam and into the kitchen where the rest of my family is. I hide behind Alexander for protection. He grins down at me.

The rest of the afternoon I spend clinging to my mom and dad.

The next morning I'm having a nice peaceful sleep for once when I vaguely hear someone enter my room. The next thing I know I feel a heavy weight on top of me.

"Heyyy!" I groan.

I look up to see Ryder.

"Get off me!" I whine.

Ryder completely ignored me and began talking, "So Hunter was talking to Leo and I..."

"Noooo!" I groan throwing a pillow over my face.

Hunter thinks I'm the tattle tale. He always tattles on me, not to my parents but to my other brothers.

Ryder jabs me in the side with his finger making me loose my grip on the pillow so he can snatch it away.

"Ryder! Stop! Get off me!" I complain, wiggling underneath his heavy body.

"Anyway, he was telling us about you being a tattle tale. He also said he wanted us to help him hurt you."

"You know he's the real tattle tale here. He tattles on me to you guys." I point out.

"I mean you do it to all of us so really we have no choice but to team up on you." Ryder says, scooping me up off my bed and onto his shoulder.

"Put me down Ryder!" I whine, whacking his back.

"You know you're not helping yourself here." He carries me out of my room and down the hall to Hunter's.

"Ryder! Please stop! I'll do anything!" I beg.

"Tempting but no."

He enters Hunter's room and tosses me on the bed.

"Ow." I complain.

"Shut up Emma." Leo orders.

"Mean." I say, sitting up.

"You haven't seen mean yet kid." Leo says as the three of them cross their arms in front of me.

"Just leave me alone!" I whine.

"Yeah like that's gonna happen." Hunter laughed.

I glared.