CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Chapter 27

- Mia White -

"Mia, it's me. Please don't scream."

Levi!?

He slowly let go of me, and I stepped away from him. "Levi, where Ace?" I immediately ask without even asking how he was doing or when he got here.

There were so many unanswered questioned that I begged to be answered.

"He's still there. They surround the place to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere," he explained.

"So, they've practically caged him up."

"Pretty much," Levi answered.

I could feel my heart drop. How could Mr King be okay with this just to cover up his for his mistake? Mrs King already knows what he did, so what's the point? Besides, forcing your own child into marriage is wrong. We aren't in the eighteenth century anymore.

"Then What are we going to do? And where's Ben?"

Levi opened his mouth before he closed it. He stared at me for a moment, making me uncomfortable until he grabbed my hand and speed-walked somewhere.

I wanted to ask where we were going, but after noticing the familiar route to where the basement was, I decided to for against it.

I could hear Ben's voice running through my head, telling me not to worry. Telling me that they were going to be okay. I remember the time when Ace left school at lunch, how he told me it was important. How I saw him lying on a bed with bruises on his body. How he always got into fights that left scars on him.

How I see Levi open the door to the room filled with guns and grabbing a few.

"Are you in a gang," I blurted out. Levi stopped examining a gun and looked at me with an amused expression. I could feel my cheeks heat up as I waited for his answer.

"Maybe," he shrugged, averting his eyes away from me and back to the gun.

That's got to me it. I mean, it's either that or they're street fighters. It would explain why Ace is always injured, and how he suddenly leaves all the time. It also explains why Levi and Ben have a gun room that's hidden deep in their freakish large basement.

I continued to stare at Levi, and he seemed to notice because he sighed and looked at me once more. "Yes Mia, we're in a gang."

"Like, the mafia or something?"

"Sort of like that," he replied.

I decided not to ask any further questioned because he looks like he doesn't want to continue this conversation. So I stayed silent and looked around the room. I asked where Ben was, and he said that he was outside getting the car ready.

So I guess we're going on a little field trip.

My mind drifted back to Ace, and I wondered how he was doing.

Obviously not fine, my inner voice said.

I really hope it was wrong. I just want everything to go back to normal. To how it used to be before all this drama. Before so many problems started to surface. Why do things have to be so complicated?