The Anniversary

Xavier
I didn't go into town for a long time. I just felt weird about what happened with the girl. I didn't feel guilty because she needed to fear me. I just felt weird about it and that angered me. I went there to scare her, to make sure she would stay away. Mostly because of the way she talked back the first night and also because I could see she wasn't scared of me and it pissed me off. I didn't think she would come out and talk to me, let alone sit with me. I had almost forgot that I was trying to scare her off. But I saw the way people were able to sneak in past me. They were using her as a distraction and it was working and what's even worse at the moment...I didn't care. But that wasn't what set me off either, it was when she went to leave. I didn't even know what happened, I just snapped. She wasn't allowed to just leave.

When I realized that I had actually hurt her, I froze. I didn't give a damn about anything but for some reason knowing I had actually hurt her made me feel something that I had never felt. I was just confused because she was fucking with my head. She wanted me to feel guilty, and that's why she was being nice.

I woke up knowing that today was going to suck. This was the one day of the year that I dread more than any. The one that changed everything for me, many years ago. I heard a knock on my door, and looked up to see who lost the bet and had to come tell me food was ready. None of them wanted to be near me today.

"H-Hey man." Ace stuttered.

"What?" I growled.

"Breakfast is ready."

"I don't fucking want breakfast."

"Okay....um...?"

"Have everyone ready to go to the bar at 9 tonight." He nodded and left closing the door.
At 9, we rode into town and went to the bar. The bar was a run down looking shithole that mostly only bikers and girls looking for trouble went to. The owner was a friend of the clubs and we had an arrangement that anything that happened there stays quiet and in return we make sure to pay for everything and take care of any outside trouble he may have. I had about seven drinks before I wanted to walk around. They followed and we went down towards town. I smiled as people ran across the street in fear. I loved that the thought of me passing them scared them that much. I expected everyone to leave me the fuck alone. When I got close to the closed coffee shop I saw the table and chairs. The one I had sat in weeks ago across from the girl. Part of me wanted to throw the chair through the window of the shop, but at the same time, I didn't want to mess up that spot. I shook that from my head. I was too focused on that and trying to figure out what I wanted to fuck up this year to hear the motorcycles come up behind us. Chase stopped and I turned to see the Night Riders getting off of their bikes and walking towards us. I glared at them. Their lead guy came up to me.

"What's with the celebration?" He looked over us smiling. "Someone die?" He said glaring at me.

"What the fuck do you want?" Chase asked. Jeff answered like I had asked.

"Well, you see I rolled out of bed this morning and couldn't help but notice what a great day it was. Then I talked to my dad and remembered...today is the anniversary of your pathetic parent's death." I charged him.