Chapter 19

At the end of the story, please read the authors note. It’s kind of important.

I didn’t know what I wanted to say to Keaton. Here we were, sitting on a random bench at the park holding hands. I just wasn’t too sure what I wanted to say to him. I mean of course I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn’t know exactly how to say these thoughts and emotions to him. I’ve come to a point in my life where I’ve realized and seen a lot of things. Keaton happened to be one of them. We’ve had our ups and down. We’ve had our moments, and then we had our fails. A rollercoaster was exactly how I would describe this relationship. But maybe that was exactly what I needed in order to have a reality check.

“Tessa, can I ask you a question?” He quietly asked me, “Did you really move to Canada in order to get away from me? I’m sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear, but it’s been the main topic on my mind lately.” I could tell that a bit of fear had appeared onto his face. He was probably unsure of my reaction to his comment.

“No, I didn’t move to Canada because of you. Honestly, I’m not really the type of person that would pick a school in another country just to get away from a guy. Moving to Canada was always that option at the back of my head. I was debating on whether I should go to UofT of not, and my decision became clear when I found out that my Aunt had Alzheimer’s. When I was little, she would always play with me. She was like my second mother. My parents were barely ever home, so my aunt become my parental figure that I needed. After the whole incidence with Derek, I became distant towards her. She eventually moved to Toronto. I know that she’s not going to be here forever, and I just really want to show her how much I care and appreciate her.”

“I’m so sorry Tessa. I didn’t know what you were going through, and I automatically assumed that you left because of me. I’m such a douche bag aren’t I?” A faint smile appeared on both of our faces and I gently squeezed his hand a little bit tighter.

“Keaton. Did you mean those things you said to me at the party?” I knew that by asking this question I would be stirring the pot, but a part of me just wanted to hear the answers. If I didn’t ask him now, I would go on living the rest of my life wondering if any of those words were true.

“No Tessa. I’m sorry for everything that I’ve put you through. When I’m drunk, the alcohol brings the worse in me. I say things that are untrue, it’s like I’m a whole new entire person. You know what? I’ll quit. I’ll quit so I’ll never say anything nasty towards you ever again. I’m sorry. You’re absolutely perfect, any guy out there would want you in their arms. I’d be the luckiest guy in the world out there if I had your heart. I’m sorry that I had broken your trust.” Those words made my heart beat a little bit faster than it should have. My palms were getting all sweaty. This time around, I was the one that was nervous.

His face. His lips. His eyes. His lips. His smile. His lips. His jaw. His lips. All a gift of perfection. But, his lips though.

“What did the doctor say?” He said, catching my attention. I’d realize that I had probably zoned out for five minutes or so. “The doctor said that my depression is getting a little bit out of hand. But I should be fine as long as I go to therapy. There’s also a chance that I have PTSD.” He looked concern. Well I guess if anyone were to hear that, they be pretty darn concern too. “I’m sorry if I’m moving a little bit off topic, but I uh-kind of-think that I may love you. I know that we weren’t official before since we didn’t have the title. But I saw us as more than friends.” My heart literally stopped. Tessa Queens never gets nervous like this, and here she is on the edge of having a heart attack. Great. I’m even talking in the third person.

 “C-Cool.” I barely managed to say. Oh my mother of brownies. Did I honestly say cool? I’m pretty sure this is probably more offensive then saying that a guy’s dick size is small. Just take a gun and shoot me in the head. Keaton automatically released my hand and stared at me. I officially just made things awkward as shit.

“I mean- Oh fuck this shit. You know what I meant. Can we go home now? It’s like windy outside and I’m literally drowning in my own sweat.” I pleaded, hoping that he was going to let me off the hook this time.

“Actually Tessa. No. I don’t know what you mean.” Yep. Keaton Collins is definitely trying to kill me. “I think that I may or may not love you too. Don’t push it Kitten.” I mumbled into his ear. Love was such a strong word. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever use the word love before. Not even towards my mom. The word Love was literally a dead word in my vocabulary. Saying the word love literally felt like a person trying to climb out of their grave. Yet again, it made all the weight on my shoulders fall right off.

As expected, a huge grin appeared onto his face. Were things moving a little too fast? Oh who fucking cares. This is my life, my choices. You know what? This was my moment to YOLO. I honestly did not just use to word YOLO. This is such an embarrassing day for me. I’m so thankful that these were my thoughts and that no one else could hear me embarrass myself.

“So what does this make us? Uh-boyfriend and girlfriend?” When he shook his head, I froze for a little. Unsure of how to react, I stayed still. Did I just get rejected?

“I’m going to properly court you.” Maybe I just coughed a little bit more than I should have. Ok I lied. I probably looked like I was going to die from choking. “Courting? Don’t people who court other people have the intentions of marrying that person?” We he nodded, I didn’t know whether I should have been excited or freaked out.

“Whoa. Slow down. Marriage? Let’s just stick to dating, you can court me or whatever when I’m like thirty.” Well, at least he had a satisfied look on his face. Just as he was about to say something else, my phone buzzed. It was a text message from Chasity, she was going to come out and visit me in two weeks. My mom on the other hand, I got a couple more baskets with some nice clothes and chocolate. Just the usual stuff I guess.

“My mom finally let go of Westen.” I looked a little bit confuse. Keaton eventually caught on and said, “Wes. My brother. She finally realized that he was only making her life negative and so she cut him off. No more stripper money for him I guess you can say. He’s in rehab, and even though I should hate that fucker’s guts, I hope he comes out a change man.” We talked for a little bit longer. Just about everything. Learning things about each other that we didn’t know about before. It felt just like a first date.

“Hey Tessa.”

“Yes?” I said, staring at his beautiful lips just a little bit long.

“Let’s kiss.” A smile appeared onto my face. He literally took the words out of my head.

Thirteenth Kiss.

Hey guys. I know that I’m probably gonna get hate for ending the story like this. I know that this story was a complete mess with the inconsistency and rush of the chapters. This was my very first actual book that I’ve actually completed. This book was literally my experimental child. I know that I said I would give this book a couple more chapters, but I’ve decided that the time has come.

Don’t be upset that this story has ended though. I have another project called Rooftop Boy. I promise you that story will be a lot better than this one. The chapters won’t be rushed, since I’m actually planning things out. I think that story will have a fresher concept. Please check it out.

I love you all. My baby has finally grown up. Thanks to every single person out there who has read this book. Everyone who has commented. Everyone who has voted. Even to all of you silent readers out there. To another journey is where it takes me.

Q&A will be posted once I complete that!

Once again, thank you for being a part of this journey with me.

P.S. You guys are absolutely perfect. Have a beautiful day/night.

Yea. I know that I have to spell check this shit.