01 .

|| Kharisma ||

Me - momma please don't do this I begged

I stood against the bathroom doorframe  and watched as she focused on the white powdery substance that was chopped up finely on top of the counter .

She took a razor and chopped the powder up more , as if it wasn't already as fine as it was going to get .

My heart was heavy as tears raced down my cheek , one by one .

Mom - Baby mommy needs this .

She lowered her face closer down to the counter and covered up one nose with one of her fingers .

I closed my eyes and started to cry as I heard her sniffing .

Me - mama how we end up like this ? Was all I asked as I shook my head .

Mom - Kharisma life doesn't always go as planned .

She lifted her face and looked me in my eyes . Her eyes were now glossy and powder stuck to her nose .

I walked off , wiping my face .

Me - ay , come on I said eagerly to my little brother and sister . Come on I said louder waking them from their sleep .

It's only a matter of time before she get to tripping and I'm not trying to stick around to see what happens .

I grabbed my 6 year old sister's hand , carrying my 2 yr old brother and walked out of our apartment building and down the cold , dark streets .

My name's Kharisma and I'm 15 years young .

My moms a crack head in the making and I have 3 siblings named Konspiracy, Kacey and Karma .

Karma is 19 , she's never home .