The Others

Aubrey

I didn't see him again for almost a month. I still thought about him though. I wondered if he was okay. He looked so hurt that night. I guess it was just hard because every single time someone talked about him, they talked about how terrible he was. I just couldn't see him that way. I didn't want to. Everything else went back to normal though. I worked at the coffee shop every day and started making friends with the people around town. It's nice to walk around town and run into people that knew you and the kids run up and hug you. It really made you feel included, as if you had lived there your whole life. The city was so cold and lonely. I had hated it.

It was starting to get cold outside which excited me, I loved fall and winter. Mrs. West and I started putting up fall decorations around the shop.
I was working the register when a guy with a Young Guns M.C. jacket came in. He leaned against the counter and looked at me. He was the one that had told me that I was to give him what he wanted the first day I learned about the gang.

"Hey," I smiled. He looked amused.

"That's a different reaction. Usually I get something like, we are closed, or you aren't welcome here!" He said in a mocking voice. I laughed.

"I thought you said y'all took what you wanted." He shrugged.

"People still try."

"Well, what would you like? It's on the house...again." He smiled.

"Just a coffee and a blueberry muffin."

"Okay, let me warm it up and here is your coffee cup." I warmed up the muffin and took it to him.
"Let me know if its good." He looked at me weird but took a bite.

"They are actually perfect." I smiled.

"Really? That was my first time making them." He laughed.

"In that case, ew." I rolled my eyes

"Ha. So funny." I said sarcastically.

"I try."

"I'll see you around." I turned and went back to the register. There was a woman there. "Sorry for the wait."

"Its fine, um," She leaned forward. "Are the others here?" It took a second for me to realize she meant the bikers.

"Oh, no just him." She looked relieved.

"Thank God." She whispered before ordering. The rest of the day went by pretty fast because it was so busy. It took longer to close up than normal because the place was a mess, but, I actually enjoyed cleaning. I would turn up some music, which made it go by fast. When I left, I walked to my car. I heard a lot of noise coming from the bar down the street. I didn't think anything of it till someone got my attention. I turned to see a group of guys close to me, but they weren't the ones that Xavier hung out with. These had on different jackets. I remembered Mrs. West telling me something about the Night Riders, the ones that were the killers of Xavier's parents. I was trying to get my car unlocked but they were already there.

"You are the girl." One guy looked over me. "The one that we have seen with Xavier." He smiled darkly. "He seemed to be very taken with you." He moved towards me till I was forced between him and my car. I was starting to panic, but I didn't let him see that. He looked me over. "I see why he is so interested. I think I am too." He grabbed my waist.

"Get off!" He laughed.

"Oh, baby, this will be so much easier if you cooperate." I started pushing him. He glared at me before slapping me. I screamed in pain and he pushed me against the car.

"Help!" I screamed. He laughed and ripped my shirt. I tried fighting him but every time I did he would hit me but it was distracting him from taking my clothes off so I dealt with it. He was getting angry and he backed up and punched me hard. I feel onto the pavement.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell. I tried looking but my eyes were getting heavy and I was in pain. I closed my eyes and let the darkness consume me.