chapter eighteen

I'M MAKING MY TIME AS PRODUCTIVE AS I CAN SO I JUST KEPT WRITING AND WRITING.

Oh, and to make up for my slow updates recently.

I GIVE YOU CHAPTER EIGHTEEN!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Natasha." 

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"That's iodized salt."

Natasha gave the archer a confused look. Clint gestured at the salt shaker that was currently in her hand.

"Crap." She mumbled under her breath, and proceeded to the sink.

"Well, that's a perfectly good cup of coffee to waste." Clint said, crossing his arms over his chest. "You feeling okay?"

Natasha let out a sigh of annoyance. "Jesus, why is everyone on this planet suddenly interested in asking how I feel?"

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, today." he commented.

"Just drop it, Clint. Seriously. Just hide in the vents again or something."

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong."

"And I'm not in the mood for any of this." she snapped.

Natasha shut the cabinet a little too harder than she normally would. If any other person was with her right now, they'd do as she say, since, well, she could easily take someone's eye out even with just a spoon in her hand.

But this was Clint. And he knew her long before anyone else did, he was her best friend. If anyone had the right to nag her about it, it would be him. "You've been acting weird these past couple of days. Did something happen?" he asked.

Figuring Clint wouldn't take no for an answer like her, she gave in, "Nothing. Nothing happened."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm."

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes. Would you cut it out? Seriously, I'm alright."

"You're just acting really strange, you know. You're quieter than usual and less of a killing mode."

"Gee, thanks for noticing, Clint."

"But you didn't deny it." He suggested, finally catching her, "What's going on, Tasha?"

"...nothing."

"I know you well enough to know if something's not right." Clint pressed on, thankful that the others were such lazy asses to get up early in the morning. It was enough time for him to make Natasha realize something, and that something was her own stubbornness. 

Natasha kept quiet. 

Clint tried again, "Does this have something to do with... you and Bruce?"

She shook her head.

"The siblings?"

"No."

"Smug-ass Stark?"

"Damn it, Clint—"

"Steve?"

That made her froze.

"Knew it." he smirked, "Don't think I haven't noticed you avoiding Steve for a while now. It's bugging him too, you know. Poor guy."