Chapter- 19

"Alina?" My dad snapped me out of Lala land.
"May I be excused, please?"
Both of my parents look at me frustrated and eventually my mom nods. I practically shoot out my chair but then I remember that I have to act normal, so I take my time up the stairs. I dash around in my room for clothes and settle with black skinny jeans, a maroon shirt and a leather jacket with some converse. My short hair grew a lot more than I expected as it sat just an inch over my shoulders.
I had to admit, I kind of liked it.
I opened my window and got down, the same way Chrissy usually did and started walking to where the deserted playground was. I hugged my jacket closer around my body from the bitter, cold air. I could see the cheap and rusty playground coming into view and Chandler sitting casually on top the monkey bars.
"Hey you." He calls out and you can see the hot air coming out his mouth. The moonlight gleam casts a shadow on him, making him look mysterious..
I look up at him from the ground and when he doesn't make a move to say anything, I go sit on top the slide.
"Why am I here?" I suddenly say and Chandler smiles.
"You say you don't trust me-"
"I don't."
"- but to trust someone, you have to know them first... and we hardly know each other at all."
"We don't."
Chandler jumps down from the bars smoothly and turns to me. A smirk played at his lips and I have to look away so he doesn't see me smile.
It shocks me how much Chandler acts now, to the way he used to be. A whole different person. I like this person much better.
"What do you want to know about me?" He asks and I roll my eyes.
"You're practically an open book." I say and Chandler looks at my skeptically.
"Really, like what?" He questions and I know exactly what to say.
"Like the fact that you slept with the whole Volleyball team." Chandler laughs obnoxiously.
"Actually I've only been with five girls."
This time I want to laugh in his face. He's got to be kidding me? Instead I roll my eyes.
"You're the biggest Liar I know."
"I'm telling the truth, honestly." He says looking hurt. The pleading ness in his eyes shows me how much he wants me to believe him and I do.
"Tell me something about you Alina wood." The tone of his voice was luring.
"My favorite color is Blue?" I joke and he shakes his head, lounging beside me.
"No, tell me the real you. You've gotta be more then just 'The Alpha's Daughter'." Chandler says now seriously. This caught me by surprise.
"Well.. I like to keep to myself most the time and I don't really fit in a certain group at school. Sometimes I wonder if people only like me because of my dad." I start to ramble.
"I'm sort of Bland." I add.
"No no no, I don't want to hear all the negatives about you."
I have to think about this for a second.
"As weird as it sounds, I enjoy the beauty in the littlest things and I think a lot. About Everything and how it fascinates me. I love learning new things everyday." I chuckle and I watch as Chandler just stares at me with a stupid smile.
"Do you think about.. me?" He asks and I bite my lip.
"Honestly yes, but 99% of the time, it's not nice." I laugh and he cracks a smile.
"I bet."
We both went silent and I looked over to the pond across the road, Chandler meeting my gaze and a wicked smile comes across his face.
"Race you!"
"Wait what!?"
"1,2,3 GO!" He yells and starts sprinting over.
One thing I should have mentioned about myself.. I hate loosing.
I practically leap from on top the slide and start running as fast as I can to catch up with him. He beats me anyways and I huff as he rubs it in my face.
"You lost!"
"You had a head start!"
"Either way you lost." Chandler points out and I glare at him.
"So?"
"So.. you have to jump in the pond." He grins.
"Are you freaking crazy? Do you feel how cold it is and I'm not getting wet." I shriek.
"You sound like such a girl. Fine, I'll go in after."
"No!" I laugh folding my arms.
"Sore looser much?"
He's trying to get to me.
"Bawk Bawk!" Chandler starts making chicken noises.
"Okay! Just shut up will you, jeez." I mumble and take of my shoes and jacket, making my way to the edge.
"I can't believe I'm doing this."
"You lost." Chandler reminds me once again!
I start backing away from the pond and then run head on. As soon as I'm close, I jump in. Canon ball style. I rise to the surface to see Chandler laughing his head off.
"Your turn!!" I scream and shiver. The water was colder than I thought.
Chandler does the same thing I do, and In seconds, he's floating right next to me. He starts swimming circles around me.
"Thank you." He randomly says and stops in front of me. My eyebrows furrow together, confused.
"For what?"
"For giving me a second chance." He says and we start swimming back. A smile playing on both our lips.
Chandler lays next to me in the grass as we dry off. The stars gleam brightly as I stare wide eyed at them.
I find myself laughing.
"What's so funny?" Chandler wants to know.
"This. It's just so... bizarre, like this would happen in a movie or book." I say and he nods.
"You know what also happens in moments like this?"
"What?"
"The boy, kisses the girl."
Chandler leans in close to me, his mouth just inches away from mine. Hesitant.
"Go for it." I whisper and he finally kisses me.
It wasn't too much, or too little. It was a sweet, small kiss that had my stomach doing flips. That simple kiss was better than what Conor and I ever had. My first kiss with Chandler.
"So what's going on with.. us?" Chandler asks eagerly as we depart and I put my hand on his chest gently.
"Easy boy, we're not there yet." I say grinning and Chandler looks away, embarrassed.
I just hurt his ego.
"But.. We might get there." I add and his face lights up once more.
Tonight was a fairytale and I still can't even register the fact at what happened. To bad I have my first session of therapy in the morning...
______________________________
Hope everyone enjoyed the chap!
Tell me what you think about my new cover!!
It still blows my mind that I have over 2 million people that read my stories. Ily
Instagram - Gabbyw00d
^^^ It would mean a lot to follow :)
Xoxo, Gabby