Chapter 93: Revelations Part 3

"-They are the Harbingers." Raven finished. "Signed by, Theodor Isaac Maxwell?"

Jesse's eyes widen in shock. It's the same name, the same Old Builder, who made Raven's book. Now that Raven and Luke confirmed that this was during the reign of the fourth Emperor, and remembering what he read about what Herobrine did, Jesse could only wonder what happened.

But now that this carving has told that the Harbingers destroyed the Holy Empire, what stopped them from going to the rest of the world? Raven read that a single one of these monsters alone could reduce the world's population by twenty-five percent!

Usually he would dismiss this kind of stuff as fiction, but ever since he got the runes in his right eye, and referencing Raven's book, he knows these Harbingers are real.

The Holy Empire was under the reign of the fourth Emperor, but Herobrine did something that almost wiped out all life in the Overworld.

A single action, that's all it took, but what was it that Herobrine did? Jesse may be guessing here, but could it be that Herobrine is the one that unleashed the Harbingers? If that's true, and he hopes it's not, then where are they?

Herobrine was stopped, but how? According to the runes, only someone named Maura knows what Herobrine did, and how he was stopped- and that's all he has to go one, no other descriptions.

Besides that, though, something about this story seems very familiar, as if he heard it a long time ago...

'...!' Jesse's eyes widen in realization before being snapped out of his thoughts by Petra's question.

"What's this even called? This 'story'?" She asked using air quotes sarcastically as she, as everyone else, knew that it was more than that.

"Divine Armageddon." Jesse answered immediately before Raven could reply, much to her surprise.

"How did you know that?" Asked a surprised Raven, gesturing to the symbols. "You can't read the writing without the translation."

"It's because I heard this story too many times when I was a kid," Jesse revealed, much to everyone's confusion. "This is my sister's favorite bedtime story, my stepmom would read it to her while my mom would comfort me in my room."

"Comfort you?" Axel asked. "For what?"

"I was scared when I heard that story." Jesse admitted, embarrassed as he recalled that memory. "I had a hard time sleeping after that for the first time. My sister, however, wanted to hear it every night before bed."

"She wasn't scared?" Asked Axel, he knows that he is.

"No, she was excited," Jesse let out a humorless laugh. "She wanted our stepmom to tell her that story every night before she went to sleep."

"Your stepmom told your sister the exact thing Raven just told us?" Luke asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, but am I the only one here who is concerned about this?!"

"It's just a coincidence," Olivia waved Luke off; dismissing his justified concerns, although everyone else agreed with the male. "How come we have never heard of this? We've known Jess for years."

'Maybe because you guys never bothered to ask.' Jesse thought to himself, but he knew the real reason. "After our stepmom died, she just wanted..." Jesse let out a sad sigh. "I don't know what my sister wanted, but it wasn't a bedtime story anymore."

"Hey, I'm sorry to bring this up, but Luke has a point," Petra walked to him. "Jesse, your stepmom knew what this carving said, which was written by an Old Builder!"