vii

The music was blaring, I didn't know what planet I was on, a quite frankly I didn't care. I needed to get away from working for a bit. Hence why Esma took us to a nearby planet for a dance. And drinks. Can't forget drinks.

After the fourth shot I think I lost Esma, but I was pretty sure she was alright, we had a code in case anything went wrong. And by that I mean we had bracelets that signalled when we contacted each other.

We had one rule, don't get too drunk that you don't know what's happening. Everything else was pretty much okay.

Dancing to the loud music was just what I needed. I didn't have to be the proper doctor that I was most of the time and I could dance and do whatever I wanted. I couldn't hear what the guys I danced on said to me - and that was a-okay with me. They seemed to like it.

As I was getting into dancing with this one guy who had blue skin, I felt a couple nudges on my shin. It was a small, orange and white droid. My buzzed brain was confused and I let go of the man I was dancing with.

"BB-8...?" I tried to comprehend if this was the droid.

It beeped at me and started maneuvering through people's legs away from the dance floor. I tried my best to follow while drunk in my four inch heels.

The little droid led me towards the bar where a man in a brown leather jacket was holding a glass and waiting.

"Well hello there, Stitches." The man said.

"P-Poe?" I ask and then trip towards him.

"Woah there, Tiger." Poe said as his arms went to catch me before I fell.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and pull down my skirt that rode up while dancing.

Poe looks me up and down slyly and smiles, then leans back against the bar to take a sip of his drink.

BB-8 beeps up at me.

"You came here to see me?" I tuck my hair behind my ear.

Poe shrugged.

"I said I wanted to see the unprofessional Lyla. And Esma didn't mind telling me where you guys were." He finished off his drink and then put it down. "Let's dance."

Before I could decline, Poe grabbed my hand and lead me away from the dance floor and out to the balcony. With BB-8 following us.

"Why are we here?" I ask and look back at the flashing lights and people on the dance floor.

Poe let go of me and closed the glass doors in the doorway of the balcony. Immediately the loud music was replaced with a soft tune. I was confused and slightly scared.

"What are you doing?" I asked carefully. I was drunk and not wearing adequate attire for fighting off anyone. Naturally, I was weary.

"Don't worry, Stitches, I just want to dance." Poe held out his hand, and I took it.

His other arm wrapped around my waist and mine to his shoulder, he kept a bit of distance between us which I appreciated. We dance for a minute.

"I found out why BB-8... combusts when you're around." Poe breaks the silence.

BB-8 beeps at Poe to stop talking.

"Why?" I ignore the little droid and look up at the man.

Poe smirks mischievously.

"Because they have a crush on you."

BB-8 starts beeping rapidly and ramming itself into Poe's leg. Poe laughs and lets go of me. I giggle and bend down - as best as I could with my short skirt - and spoke to BB-8.

"Don't worry, BB-8, I think it's cute." I assured the droid.

BB-8 whirred again like it had done so many times, but this time it completely shuts down.

"Oh." I said and looked up at Poe. "Sorry."

Poe laughed and offered his hand to me.

"Don't worry about it, BB-8 will be fine." He pulled me up and put us back in the position we were in - only closer.

"You're very different when you're not working." Poe pulls me a bit closer to him.

I shrug and keep my focus on him.

"I prefer to keep my work life and personal life separate." I say.

"And yet your best friend is your colleague?"

Poe takes a step back and lifts my hand, I spin and move back to our position.

"That's only because she's been with me since we were on our home planet."

I had never had anyone take such an interest in me the way Poe was now. It was usually for my looks, which generally speaking were alright. I had a symmetrical face, which was considered attractive, chocolate brown hair that framed my face and green eyes. But everyone from Grenene had green eyes, it was a thing. My nose was straight and I had an oval face.

Esma has been with me since I was around 13, a crucial time for me.

"And which planet was that?" Poe pulled me even closer so that our chests were touching.

"I..." I faltered, I had only known this man for just over two months. "Grenene." The words floated off my tongue unintentionally.

Poe smiled softly, looking like he genuinely wanted to hear what I had to say b

"That's The planet known for their flowers right?" Poe asks.

~"Mother! Mother!" My seven-year-old self ran into the house. "I brought you some sky flowers!"

I searched the kitchen, where she usually was, but she wasn't there. Immediately I began to worry as I started searching the bedrooms.

"Mother?" I called and clung to the bouquet of sun flowers I was holding.

I walk into my room and instantly drop the flowers. The towering man walks towards me and I'm frozen in place. He stands so close to me that he crushes my flowers.

"Hello, Lyla."~

I let go of Poe and drop to the ground, covering my ears with my hands.

Poe leans in front of me. He doesn't try to touch me but he calls my name.

"Lyla?"

I take three shaky breaths and look up.

"I'd like to go home now." I say with tears in my eyes.

Poe nods and stands up, extending his hand to me. I ignore it and get to my wobbling feet.

"I'll call Esma."