14

Nova's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Fourteen: I won't let you.

"Nova, it's time to wake up," Mom says, turning on my light. I groan, covering my face with my pillow. "Come on sleepy head. You have school." she laughs.

I hate mornings.

I sit up, yawning. Damn. Practice last night was rough. After debating if I should even get up and go to school, I finally pull myself up, and out of bed. I walk down the hallway, stretching my sore limbs.

I walk to the bathroom and get in the shower. Once I'm done taking a shower, I walk back to my room and get dressed. I put on my new maroon red Converse.

Suddenly, as I'm drying my hair, the sound of pebbles hitting my window fills my ears. Sighing, I open my window and see Frost with a big grin on her face.

Of course.

She opens her mouth to say something, but I cut her off. "Let me guess. You came to pelt me with rocks, or ruffle my hair."

She giggles, "No.. I just wanted to say, you'll probably never get your blanket back."

"What the hell? Matthews, that's my favorite blanket," I snarl.

"I'm just joking!" she laughs. "It's in the wash."

"Oh thanks," I say rubbing the back of my neck. Well, that was nice of her, I guess. It did need a good wash. My mom got her perfume all over it from the last time I let her borrow it.

"Hey, Matthews?" I ask, still looking at her.

"Can I drive your car today to school? I'll buy you lunch... or whatever."

She looks at me with her big green eyes."Why?"

"Because my car is in the shop," I lie give her a glare.

What am I doing?!

She makes a humming noise and her stupid annoying thinking face. "Whatever I want, you say?" I sigh nodding my head.

I just know this is going to turn out bad. Why did I even ask? And why did I even offer that?

Sometimes, I question my own I.Q.

"Sure! I'll meet you out front in a few minutes!" she beams before shutting her window. I groan, leaning forwards on my window seal.

"You, are, so, stupid," I hit myself on the head with each syllable. I continue banging my head, but I feel a stare on me.

As I look up, I notice Frost staring at me. I wave at her, standing back up straight. She waves back and I close my window and my curtains.

"Idiot," I mutter, banging my head one more time. Pudge jumps on my bed and sits down. He stares at me and meows. "What?" I ask, stroking his head.

He looks at me in amusement before looking at the window.

(A/N: *hisses* he knows.........)

"You're weird," I say to him with a chuckle. I give him one more pet, before I walk downstairs.

Just as I plop down on my couch, I hear the doorbell ring. "Can you get that for me, please!" Mom yells at me from her office.

I jog to the door and open it. Mrs. Matthews stands on my porch with a pan of some chocolate eclair.

"Good morning Nova! I made this for you and your mom!" she beams.

I immediately take it from her, "Oh, Mrs. Matthews you didn't have to."

She could've hurt herself. Why didn't Frost's dad bring it? The least he could do is help a pregnant woman out.