14. I'm a stalker?

Chloe's POV

When I came out of the room there was no sign of Christian. His laptop was kept on the table. On the wallpaper, I saw a photograph of two children. A boy and a girl. Seeing that picture wasn't of the best quality gave me a hint it must be someone related to Christian? Or possibly Christian himself. Though I know it's bad manners to be nosy in someone else's things but they looked really cute. The girl looked about two years old and the boy was maybe four or five?

First I thought about leaving it but my curiosity to get a closer look at the wallpaper didn't let me. I sat down near his laptop when Christian came from behind and the movement grabbed my attention.

"What do you think you're doing?" He said with wrinkles forming on his forehead.

"Nothing, I was looking at this picture. They both are really cute." I said, with a little smile.

"That's me and my sister." He said, sitting on the sofa, beside me. The distance was little and the temptation to not leave it was dominant over my thinking system.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I pretended even when I literally stalked him a few days ago.

"Yeah. And thank you, though she's much cuter and prettier than me." He said, chuckling.

Ask me how pretty you are, I'll write a book.

I technically am...

"I guess you love her a lot." I said, looking at him.

"I do. I really do. She's my only sibling after all." He said with utmost genuineness which made me smile.

He started to tell me about the meeting and discussed other projects too. He told me what are the important things I have to focus on for the next meeting. Just business stuff. Every time I talk to him about business I realize why he is so successful. He truly is very impressive and practical especially when it comes to handling a huge firm. I genuinely appreciate his brain working in so many directions and he never seems to miss out even the slightest of the details.

I was editing the presentation on his laptop when he got a call and he went to the balcony to attend it. The dark was slowly dominating over the day and I could feel the chill in the air getting colder with every breeze. My laziness restricted me to stand up and lock the door. The goosebumps kept rising every now and then. I finally gave up and slid the balcony door shut and felt the sudden warm air touching my skin.

Sitting back on my seat I took out my airpods and played the playlist on shuffle. I usually prefer listening to calm songs while I'm working as they keep me away from outer distractions and helps my work longer. Especially when I'm working on some reports. I shook my hair a little when a strand of my hair came on my face. It didn't irritate me but my subconscious ignited an urge to pin it back.

I slightly rubbed the back of my hand against my cheek in an attempt to pin the hair behind my ear. For a few seconds the hair sat perfectly but then it came down again. And again and again. It was now that I started getting irritated. I was facing one of those moments in life when you make yourself mad at your own stupidity with your own actions.

In short I'm stupid.

Because keeping the laptop aside for a second and tying my hair in a high bun or ponytail appeared more of a work than putting my hair behind my ear every three seconds. Yeah I'm that majority section of our society so you can't judge me because we're the same. If you do something other than this, trust me you're elite and I can't relate to you at all.

"Why are you making faces?" I heard a beautiful voice in addition to him chuckling.

I turned around and found him leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed. The cute smile not leaving his face he came forward and sat beside me on the sofa with his left leg folded and his right leg resting on the carpet. His hand rested on the edge of the headrest, almost reaching till my neck which was resting on the soft leather of the sofa.

"Nothing." I said without looking because I knew the moment my eyes met his, my face would turn tomato red.

"Well, our meeting is canceled." He said and I looked at him abruptly. "What?" My eyebrows furrowed as I asked him.

"Mr. Brown will not be able to attend the meeting. Though he asked his son to come but because this plan was changed on a short notice, he can't fly over too soon. So, he might come here the day after tomorrow." He said. I took a deep breath.

"It's fine though. Originally the project was signed to his son, but due to some reason Mr. Brown was attending it on his behalf. It's better that Theodore Brown is coming himself now." He nodded a little.

"That's good." I said with a smile, as I sat back relieved, thinking I can work tomorrow or later because the meeting is postponed.

"Now that we don't have a meeting tomorrow, you want to watch a movie?" He asked me as he picked up the remote.

"Yeah sure." I said without much thought just following his moment as he stood up. "So what movie do you wanna watch?" He asked

"Any would work." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I don't know. I don't watch movies a lot. So, you choose your favorite. We'll watch it." He said with a smile.

"Oh? So, let's watch 'The Duff'. It's one of my favourites, I like it a lot." I said, getting excited.

"The what?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

I laughed at his reaction and said chuckling, "watch it you'll get to know."

"As you wish ma'am." He said as he played it on the T.V. and sat beside me.

"I've ordered food as well. I forgot to ask you but I've ordered spicy chicken ramen." He said. I nodded and smiled.

WAIT HOW DOES HE KNOW WHAT MY FAVOURITE FOOD IS?!

A sudden chill went down my spine and I felt weird. My heart kept saying it could be a coincidence but my mind tried making out possible outcomes of this situation. I was thinking hard but then becoming a little bold I asked him about it.

"Umm, Christian." I said and he just hummed without turning his head towards me.

"Hmm?" He said with his eyes fixed on the laptop screen.

"How did you know I like spicy chicken ramen?" I asked maintaining a straight face.

His movement on the keyboard stopped for a few seconds and my suspicion almost started taking over but he said, "really? You like it too?"

I furrowed my eyebrows shaking my head and blurted out, "Huh?"

"I didn't know you like spicy chicken ramen too. It's my favourite so I just ordered the same for you too." He said with a cute smile on his face.

"Ahh, I though-" I said but he interrupted me.

"You thought I'm a stalker?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"I.. no it's not like that Chris- Christian." I immediately felt bad for asking the question.

Hola angels! How are you? Hope you're good. This was it for this chapter.

Vote and comment.

:)