Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Song: Broken Strings- James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado

Andy

It had been two days. Two days and I hadn't heard a word from Luke. I left him be the day of the anniversary of Chelsea's death, he needed a day alone. I didn't text him at all, he needed space. I called him around noon the next day and it went straight to voice mail. I started to worry then.

Now here I am two days later, and still nothing. I sent a text or two, but there was no response. I didn't call again, I didn't want to seem obsessed. But I couldn't help but worry that something went wrong, or he may be mad at me. With Luke, I was never sure. Horrible thoughts went through my head, thoughts of him hating me and just taking me for granted. I tried to push them away.

I thought I had come so far with Luke, now I wasn't sure where we stood. We had been in constant contact, we were always together, for weeks on end. Then there was nothing. I didn't understand. I wanted to clear my head, and get some help, so I went to Riley.

I knocked on her front door, coming over at the exact time I was suppose to. I knew she had wanted to talk to me about Luke anyways so this seemed like a good time. She answers, "Andy! Hi." She hugged me, she was always so happy. I didn't get it.

We started walking to my car, we were getting coffee, by her request. "I feel like I have been a terrible friend lately, I'm sorry." She looks at me weird. It was true, I hadn't been calling her or texting her back. I was too involved in Luke.

"Things aren't like they used to be I get it." Riley says and gets into the car. I pull away from the drive way and drive to the coffee place. It was a silent, pretty much except some music playing in the back round. We arrived and grabbed some coffee and finally could sit down and talk.

Riley didn't say anything, I could tell there was some tension, but I didn't know why. "So.. how are things?" I ask, like the awkward person I am. I did know how to start this conversation.

"God you are being so awkward." She states, I smirk a little. She keeps a straight face. I didn't know whether or not she was being serious, but it looked like it. She was fine a minute ago. I tried not to talk it as an insult.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask. She seemed really moody. She rolls her eyes, something I do a lot. Luke seemed to pick up on the habit too.

"Ashton is just in a bad mood, which put me in one. I'm sorry." She says. Well that makes sense. Her mood went from so happy to completely irritated. Her and Ashton were so close that if one of them was upset, they both were.

"Why's that?"

"He is just fed up with," She stops talking, "Uh never mind." She looks down at her phone and types. Then looks back up and give me a small smile, "So I was meaning to ask you something." She leans in closer to me, putting her head on her propped up hand.

I mock her actions, "Shoot."

"When are you going back to school?" She asks and tilts her head, waiting for my answer.

Holy fuck. I completely forgot about that, With everything with my mom and Michael and Luke, school drifted from my mind. I was planning on going back at some point, in the future. I was still undetermined, I didn't even know what I had wanted to do.

"Honestly, I don't really know," I put my head down a little, trying to think. "You know I had a plan, sort of. I was going to go to school and just try different things and see what I liked, then decide what I wanted to do." I laugh, a small dry laugh, "But now, I don't even know if I can do that.'

I hadn't even thought about school, I was excited for school before, just so I could get away from my mom and maybe try to find something that would make me happy. But now I have gone through all of the emotions and was happy and then not and then happy again. Now I wasn't sure what I was feeling.