48

Harry finds himself, once again, sitting in the uncomfortable leather chair in Simon's office. He got a text earlier that day asking if they could meet up to discuss the contract and some expectations. Harry wasn't in a position to say no to Simon since Harry had signed to his label, so he agreed.

"So, Louis' lawyers went over the contract and agreed that it looked fair. I've got a pen here and have labeled the spots where you need to either sign or initial. I'll give you some time to do that before continuing with the rest of the meeting," Simon explains.

Harry hesitantly looks down at the sheets of paper. Harry knows he should read over it once again to make sure he's okay with everything in it, but the words go right over his head. He picks up the pen that sat next to the papers gingerly and flips through the bundle of papers, signing where he needs to.

Once he's finished Simon takes the stack of papers and moves them closer to him. He gives Harry a small smile before continuing to talk. "So, there are some things that you should be expecting from us. Our main goal is to make music, but we can't make music without you having a name for yourself. One of the things you should expect from us is to get your name out there. I've worked with numerous artists in the past that have achieved great things under this label. We assure you that we will do everything in our power to make 'Harry Styles' a household name."

Everything hits Harry square in the face and all at once. He's signed with Simon Cowell. This has been a dream of his since he could talk and now it's all coming true. Harry may not like Simon Cowell as a person, but he's an amazing businessman.

"We also expect a few things from you," Simon starts. Harry's stomach drops. He prays that Simon doesn't say that Harry's going back into the closet, however he knows these chances are slim. "We expect for you to be on your very best behavior whenever you're in the public eye. We ask that you don't go to public bars or clubs and that you keep a clean reputation. We haven't found any incriminating photos of you, so we don't think this is going to be a very big problem.

"Speaking of public images, we will be working on your image in the next couple of weeks. We have a general idea of what we want to sell, however we still need to fine-tune a few things," Simon explains.

So far, so good. Harry doesn't drink or party a lot anyway, so that won't be a problem. He's nervous about his image. He prays they don't make him out to be someone he's not. He saw the kinds of things they did with One Direction.

"Now, I know you may be a little biased about us because of everything that's happened with you and Louis, but I assure you that we will be managing you very differently than we do with them. When you're selling a band, you don't sell them as individuals you sell them as a group. Each person has to play a very key part in that group. We wanted to sell One Direction to teenage girls, and teenage girls like thinking they have a chance with the boys.

"When we're promoting a solo artist, we can play more into their own individuality. Like for you, we are intending on keeping your image very clean-cut. We want to sell you as 'the boy next door', very innocent, very to himself, but who is a romantic at heart, a guy they would want to bring home to their family and show off, but not someone who's slept around a lot or has been with a lot of people. We also want to keep aspects of your feminine side. We see that you paint your nails and grow out your hair and we want you to keep on doing that because that's you. People like thinking they know you and that'll make the fans think they have a connection with you," Simon explains.

Harry's taken aback. He's waiting for the massive 'but' to come and ruin everything. So far, though, everything's been good. If Harry hadn't known anything about Simon, he'd assume he was a good guy. They're not making Harry change major aspects of who he is.

"What about Louis? Are you putting me back in the closet like you did with him," Harry asks. He wanted to wait, he really did. He wanted this to go over smoothly, and maybe Simon would've talked him into it. Now, he's forced this subject to the forefront.

"Ah, yes, the elephant in the room. No, we aren't putting you back into the closet. However, we're also not going to announce it in any way. The fans that already know will know and if they don't, they don't. We are going to be blacklisting any questions about your sexuality, so you don't have to lie about anything."

No closet? Harry's not sure how to feel. He's not being forced into the closet, so why does he still feel there's a 'but' coming. They're allowing him to be him and it sounds nothing like the people Louis painted them out to be. Maybe Harry's had it wrong the whole time.

"What about dating? You're not giving me a beard," Harry asks. He wants to know the 'but', there has to be a 'but' here.

"No, you're not having a beard," Simon starts. Harry could kiss him, he really could. He's not in the closet and he's not going to have a beard and he gets to paint his nails and grow out his hair.

A Moment passes between the two and Harry thinks that the meeting has ended before Simon starts talking, "Mr. Styles, have you heard of a PR stunt?"

This. This is the 'but'. Harry can feel the tension in the room rise as the question slips from Simon. Harry doesn't respond. He feels as if his lips are sewn shut and all the air has been forced from his body.

"A PR stunt is a publicity stunt. We do something to get the public's attention on you. It's been shown as a very crucial part of getting a new artist's name out there. Fortunately, for you, we work hand-in-hand with other labels for PR. We have other artists sign contracts with us, agreeing to work with us. We are working in part with another young lady for you. She's a very well known artist and has worked with us a few times. She has an existing contract with us that fell through, so we're hiring her again to work with you."

Harry hears the door open and a girl walks in. Harry glances across the girl's face. Her blond hair is styled up into a ponytail and she wears bright red lipstick. Harry always assumed the lipstick was just for show, but she's wearing it now, so Harry guesses she must actually like the annoyingly bright color. She wears a simple white shirt and jeans. She slides her sunglasses to the top of her head and glances across the room. Her eyes fall on Harry's and he notices how icy her blue eyes are.

"Harry Styles, meet your PR girlfriend: Taylor Swift."

~_~_~

Hey guys! So in case you didn't read my important announcements (and if you didn't shame on you) (Actually not really, because if I were you I wouldn't have read it either) I'm no longer holding an epilogue contest. The reason: *drum roll please*

There's going to be a sequel!

I'm going to be doing a title reveal and a cover reveal next chapter (let's hope y'all hit that bonus lmao). I'm really excited for this and I think you guys are going to be super excited for what I have in store. *rubs hand manically*

Anyway, I'm also going to be holding another character ask because the one that I did in the middle of the book really annoys me so I deleted it. Whoops. Besides, I think y'all are gonna want one after the last chapter ;)

ATLC: Idk... will they? (I'm pretending to be Harry in interviews)(Because he never answers questions lmao)

Bonus Goal: 34 votes and 38 comments

QOTC: What do you think the name of the sequel will be?