Chapter 38

The ringer from my phone had quickly woken me up, along with Luke groaning at me to turn my phone off. I had to crawl over him to actually get up and answer my phone, but his grip around my waist decided that I wouldn't be moving from my spot.

"Luke." I shook his shoulder, "Let go of me." I said, his arms dropping immediately. I could see a faint frown on his lips and I shook my head at him, laying over his body as I reached for my phone only to find my mom calling.

"Yeah?" I answered, peering over at the clock to see that it was 10 in the morning.

"I didn't know how long you and Luke had until checkout, but the rest of us are running an hour late and we wanted to say bye to you guys." She hurriedly explained. The sounds of her suitcase being zipped up was heard over the end as well as my sisters complaining about how hungry they were.

I was suddenly pushed to the side as Luke sat up, making me lay on his thighs instead of his stomach. I glanced over to him as he rubbed his eyes.

"You have a key, why didn't you just come in and wake us up?" I asked with a puzzled look. Luke raised his eyebrow at me as his fingers trailed up and down the side of my arm which gave me immediate goosebumps.

"You and Luke seemed, uh, busy." She told me, making it seem that it was a lot more awkward than it actually was.

"We were sleeping." I simply said, looking back over to Luke who seemed confused.

"It's just that you two were in the same bed looking rather cuddly and-" She quickly stopped, making me nervous. I wouldn't want her accidentally finding out about me and Luke and we both agreed we'd rather tell her. "Nevermind. We should be out shortly so it would be nice to get a goodbye." She laughed, practically ignoring the last subject.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Okay." I shortly replied, giving her a mumbled 'bye' then hanging up. I sighed as rolled off of Luke, sitting at the edge of the bed with to many thoughts going through my head to stat focused on one. I gripped onto the edge of the bed with the bright white sheets between my fingers.

"Autumn?" Luke softly spoke as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I jumped slightly from the sudden contact the quickly relaxed. I stared up at him as I waited for him to continue. "What was up with that?" He questioned, crawling next to me and mimicking how I was sitting.

"That was my mom, she just wanted me to say bye to the before they left." I explained.

"Oh," He said, pausing for a moment. "Why'd you tell her we were sleeping?" He asked, nudging my shoulder with his.

"She said that we looked 'busy'." I put the word in air quotes and got a faint laugh from him.

"Does she know that-"

"No," I cut him off before he could finish since I knew what he was going to ask already. "But she's suspicious now." I sighed.

"Wasn't our plan to come down here and tell her anyways?" He scrunched his nose up as I looked over to him, making it seem that he was almost nervous to say the words.

"Yeah, I just want it to be at a good time." I reminded him. It seems like we had gone through this a million times and neither of us were still clear about it. I stood up from my spot on the bed and walked over to the mirror in front of the small desk and took down my hair from the bun I put it in last night.

"You should've told her earlier." Luke admitted, getting me to put my attention on him.

"You know I couldn't have told her earlier." I laughed even though the topic wasn't exactly to be taken so lightly.