Years

"Noel"

9 Years Later

"Daddy come on it's just a hundred and fifty dollars," Amar's tall ass stood next to my desk in our brand new home in Huston. We moved down when Austin realized he wasn't being valued at his last job and started looking around. Now he was a partner at his firm working on becoming a named partner. I was sad to leave my hospital especially after seeing Dr. Helman fire Dr. Houdeck for his stunt at the wedding. They had really become people that I leaned on for babysitting, information about parenting, and many other things most people would be able to lean on parents for. Now that we moved I didn't hold back on moving up in my career field. Dr.Helman told me that it didn't matter who I had to step over if I wasn't coming back down when I left.

"It's just a hundred dollars," I mimicked him causing him to give me a stink face.

"Get a job and maybe you can get the Supreme sweater. Not that you seem to have any use for clothing that covers your little bird chest. We already pay for your car, insurance, and even money for dates with those little fast girls. You're sixteen and McDonald's is hiring," I said getting back to work. I could feel him staring at me waiting for me to budge. "And don't ask your aunt's and uncles."

"Fine I'll go ask Ian," he said walking away

"Fine I'll go ask Ian," he said walking away. Ian had a better concept of saving than I did. I rolled my eyes at him before getting back to typing. Amar was growing up to be a bit cocky but he kept his grades up, played football, which Austin engaged in with him a lot, and didn't get in trouble so we gave him everything he wanted. Austin and I had been talking about making the boys take more responsibility in getting the things they wanted themselves so I was being a lot more serious about them getting jobs even though I wanted to just give them whatever they asked for.

I went back to finishing some reports for my team of nurses so that I could send them to the chief and they could get their much-deserved raises. When I was done I got up and walked to check on the boys. I liked to be a hands-on type of parent. I went to Amar's room making sure to knock before I entered since his door was closed and I had learned to not just barge into a teenaged boys room for reasons I never wanted to have to talk about.

"Come in," he said. I walked into his room which was somewhat neat. He was sitting on his bed texting someone and had music playing on his tv.

"You mow the lawn and the neighbors and you'll get sixty," I told him.

He smiled, " thanks, Daddy," he said.

"Go turn the oven on three hundred and fifty degrees, your Dad had a tough case today and I want to make him a celebratory/ you did your best dinner and you, your brother and Connor are helping," I told him.

"Alright," he said getting up as I left his room to go get Ian and his best friend Connor. His family moved to Houston a few months after us for work as well. Walking to his door I heard the sounds of video games coming from his cracked door. I knocked before pushing the door open. I noticed them adjust how they were sitting and Connor was holding his remote upside down and Ian's shirt was half on. I mentally laughed at the two fifteen-year-olds.

After checking computer history one day I found some bisexual-themed adult video websites linked to Ian's email. At first, I was embarrassed then confused as to why he wouldn't tell me and Austin, but after we discussed it we decided to wait for him to come out to us then act surprised.

"Ian come help me cook for dad, Connor you too," I said. Ian nodded at me pausing the game that was probably on pause before I entered.

"Yes sir," Connor said getting up and walking past me to the kitchen. I looked at Ian who looked nervous.

"You know me and my dad love you, no matter what," I asked him

"Yeah," he said before walking past me.

I nodded following behind him down the stairs to the kitchen where Amar was sitting on the counter playing music waiting for me

"What are we making," Ian asked standing next to his brother.

"Baked Ziti since we don't have long til Dad gets home," I said getting right to work. Connor was on cutting duty, Ian was in charge of boiling the pasta, while Amar was washing dishes. By the time the table was set, I heard the alarm beep signaling me that Austin was home.

"Something smells good," he said walking in wearing his new black suit, "oh you cooked me a congratulatory/ you did your best dinner."

"Which one is it," Amar asked.

"I won," Austin said with a big smile. We all clapped for him before I walked over to him and put my arms around him.

"Good evening baby, I missed you. You smell good like cinnamon," he said kissing me which led the boys to groan.

"Oh shut up," Austin said laughing his hand going to squeeze my ass. I smiled at him as the boys began to fake vomit behind us. This was my new life as a father, husband, and doctor and I couldn't imagine anything better.