Chapter Thirty Three

I handed Eli to Kol when the doctor walked in. 

"Aw Mrs. Mikaleson your awake." He smiled genuinely. 

"Indeed I am...Um, when can I be discharged?" 

I didn't realize the urgency in my voice until Kol rested his hand on mine. 

"You can go home tomorrow afternoon at the earliest." 

I nodded and smiled at him as he exited the room.

"Kol? Haven't they realized that my body is dead. Like I don't have a heart beat or anything?" 

"Compelled them all to see you as a normal paticent." 

"Can you compell them all to let me go home now." 

He smiled and nodded then handed Eli to me and exited the room. I kissed Eli's nose and he wiggled it. 

"Your so cute. Just like your daddy. Eli...you truly are a miracle baby you know that. I thought I would never have babies and I would just have to adopt but here I am now looking at my son. I love you. I love you baby boy, almost as much as I love your father but don't tell him that he might get angry and daddy getting angry isn't a pretty sight. I can't wait to take you home. To our little country house." I cried to him. 

My son was perfect. A tiny thing with a full head of brown hair and you can tell he's gonna have brown eyes. He's the spitting image of Kol. Just as I was admiring him once more Kol walked in and smiled. 

"Let's take our son home." He said. 

We all got ready and walked out to the car and drove home. We walked inside and I went to lay Eli down for a nap in his nursery. When I walked back into the living room Kol was sitting on the couch reading and drinking a glass of wine. I sat next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"How are you feeling mommy?" He laughed. 

"Good, how about you daddy?" 

"Good." 

"Do you feel any different? Being a parent now?" 

"No. I mean yes kind of, I have another life to look after. Besides yours but your already a badass so you can handle yourself but I mean I have a son. To be honest it's kind of scary." 

"I know how you feel." 

"Both of our parents were messed up..what if we mess up with him?" 

"We are new parents Kol. We are gonna make mistakes, none of the mistakes that our parents made but we will make mistakes. And he will yell at us and tell us he hates us just as we did with our parents..well like I did with my parents because your like a thousand years old so who knows right but I mean..I can handle that. I can handle the mistakes." 

"I can handle them too. As long as your my wife." 

I kissed him slowly and then got up and opened the fridge getting a carton of orange juice out and pouring some into a glass. I put it back and then my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number and I answered it. 

"Hello?" I said.

The voice that came through made me drop my glass and the orange juice went flying everywhere. 

"Tyler..."