Complications and Disappointments

"Objection your honour."

"Overruled." The judge spoke up seemingly interested in the man's false information.

Seated on the comfy leather chair, Cole's puffy red eyes shined in sadness as he stared at his friend's mother, who wasn't even paying attention to the trial, she was too busy crying her eyes out.

"Call the first witness." The judge ordered and I took a seat in my chair, taking a sip of the sparkling water.

One of Colton's friends walked in the room looking just as sad as Cole himself.

Walking up to him, the lawyer spoke up. "Did you or did you not see the suspect the night of the fire?"

"I did but..." The boy was cut off by another question.

"Was he or was he not playing with fire?" He asked him, holding a menacing glare on his face.

"He was but you don't understand he..."

"No further questions your honour."

Standing up, I professionally walked up to Grant, who was clearly shaking on the inside.

"Did Colton start the fire?" I asked Grant and he just shook his head muttering a no.

"Speak up please."

"No...Cole came after it started. He wasn't part of it...but it got...it got out of control and Freddy...."

"Objection your honour!" The lawyer screamed but the judge payed no mind, interested to what the young boy has to say.

"Overruled."

"Cole was going to die...we would of lost him if Freddy hadn't jumped and saved him, but...but we lost Freddy and...." The young boy burst into tears and couldn't speak no more.

"Your honour I have footage that proves that my client wasn't present when the fire first started."

****

Stepping out of the car, I smiled as I saw Seth holding out a bouquet of roses.

"For you gorgeous." He pecked me on the lips and I smiled gratefully.

"You weren't answering my calls." I pointed out. Shrugging nonchalantly he said. "I was with Rose."

Gritting my teeth, I glared at him even though he wasn't looking.

"You know what...I'm not all that hungry anymore." I said bluntly.

Turning his head slowly, he acted as if I was weird

"Is this about Rose?" He asked and I almost rolled my eyes.

"Of course it's about Rose!" I shouted and he just glared at me.

"She's my partner, Valentina. It's kind of hard to stop communicating with someone you share your work with." His voice showed annoyance and it only angered me more.