epigraph + summary

"you're just a stupidbrown haired boy with brown eyes so tell mewhy i'm more addicted to you than i am to any drug

brown haired boy with
brown eyes so tell me
why i'm more addicted
to you than i am to any
drug." unknown

———

Nicholas Berry — clumsy yet one of the best soccer players in Midtown High School of Science and Technology, arguably the shortest in his friend group of three, very much gay but closeted to everyone, and a giant softy with an equally big heart.

Peter Parker — victim of Flash's torment, one of the smartest kids at the school, only has one best friend, very bisexual but only out to a select few, and has spider-like abilities thanks to being bitten by a radioactive spider on a field trip.

Nick and Peter have never spoken to each other other than the occasional, "Can I borrow a pencil/paper/pen?" even though their paths crossed everyday, mostly. Whether that's because Nick's fat crush on the guy keeps him from doing so, or because he's deemed as a 'cool kid' for his spot on the soccer team where Peter is said to be lame because he doesn't socialize much with other classmates, he doesn't know and doesn't mind. He liked not confronting Peter and forcing out a string of stuttered words out of nervousness.

But then they get paired to work on a presentation project together and Nick almost has a heart attack.

Not only that, but it gets harder for Nick to be in the closet with his mother continuing to ask about a possible girlfriend, when feelings grow for both boys, and when he finally (stupidly) finds the courage to ask Peter out. It's an odd mess, especially when Nick finds out Spider-Man's identity.

———

A/N— I'm very excited for this bc Nick isn't like any of my other OCs who are moody/rude/hate filled/full of angst and hurt. He's a sweet kid who's a softy and occasionally wild and just wants to admire his crush from afar, but that's not gonna happen lmao. (This is low key a warning bc I have something planned that'll break his fucking heart, and I'm sorry in advance).

And this is my first boy x boy fic I am writing, and I'm not gay or a boy so hopefully I will do this justice. Also fc for Nick is Cameron Boyce – who is not white. His mom is white and his dad is black, so because of that Nick will be the same (it only makes sense ffs).

Aaaand I wanna dedicate this to tinkertaydust and spiderlad bc their marvel books are mcfuckin amazing, and I only wish to write as well as them both. (sorry if me tagging you guys is annoying btw lmao oops).

Oh and this might be a bit of a slow burn?? Mostly bc Nick's a chicken and doesn't want to ask out Peter but yanno, what can ya do?

DISCLAIMER— I don't own anything Marvel, including Peter Parker/Spider-Man and any characters in the movie; it all belongs to Stan Lee and whoever helped create the characters and their stories. I only own my characters and this plot line.

WARNINGS— homophobia, bullying, underage drinking, racism, lots of swearing

[ This story is part of my series, The Heroes and the Legends Series. This series is set within the Marvel movies, and all the books are linked to one another in some ways. They can be read on their own, there is no need to read every single one of you don't want to. But if you do, there is a list on my profile of all books in the The Heroes and the Legends stories. ]