ONE: DEATH'S MASTER AND DECEPTION

I don't own Harry Potter, I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

Harry Potter was pissed, no scratch that he was fucking livid. He had just finished with the goblins at Gringotts where he had gone to make reparations for his actions during the war. The goblins had taken it extremely well, asking for monetary reparation of five thousand galleons and a detailed report on how exactly that he and his friends, scratch that ex-friends had managed to break into and then out of the famed bank, so they could upgrade security. No there were no problems in those regards, Harry was fully prepared to give much more, he had let lose a dragon for fucks sake. They weren't cheap. No the problem had occurred when he told the goblins they could take the gold directly from his vault and they asked him which one, and he thus he discovered the duplicity of the people he thought loved him.

_________________________________Flashback____________________________________

This was the first he had been in the Alley since just before the final battle almost four weeks ago now. He was under a heavy glamour. He never left Grimmauld Place without them anymore, not after what happened in Hogsmeade. He shuddered, mobs of enthusiastic witches and wizards were, if possible, scarier than Voldemort had ever been. While he escaped relatively intact, he'd only had his boxers and his left sock when he got back to Grimmauld Place. The Alley wasn't extremely busy but the shops had been magically repaired and were once again open for business. He glanced at Wizarding Wheezes his throat constricting slightly. As he walked through the Alley he enjoyed the feeling of being completely unnoticeable and made his way unmolested. Pausing front of the white marble building he straightened up his back, squared his shoulders and dropped the extensive glamour's before ascending the steps and entering the building.

When he was not immediately executed upon his entrance he took it as a good sign. Although no goblin approached him he could see and even feel the glares being thrown his way. Cautiously he approached a teller.

"To your vault I assume Mr. Potter?" said the goblin without looking up. Harry gulped at the goblin's tone before replying,

"No sir." The goblin's head snapped up in surprise but a sneer remained on his face.

"Oh," said the goblin leaning down to get a better look at Harry, "Than what, Mr. Potter can Gringotts do for you today?" He said still sneering.

"I," Harry paused, "I wanted to apologize and offer compensation for breaking into the bank last month and was wondering who I should talk to." This time the goblin couldn't keep the surprise off his face.

"Follow me Mr. Potter," said the goblin closing down his till and dropping from his seat lightly to the floor, before heading down one of the many hallways. Harry quickly followed silently.

"Um, may I ask your name?" Harry asked trying to break the awkwardness amplified by the silence as they arrived in front of an office door. The goblin scrutinized Harry as he fidgeted before finally answering,

"My name is Silvershield, Mr. Potter."

"Thank-you Silvershield you can call me Harry if you'd like," said Harry as he held out his hand to shake. Silvershield took it and nodded his thanks before turning to knock of the door in front of them. They waited a moment in silence before a terse,

"Enter," was heard from inside the room. Silvershield opened the door and waved Harry through before turning to close it behind him. Harry turned back before he could do so.