THREE: TO START OVER

I don't own Harry Potter, I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

When Harry came to he was in pain. His head felt like it was on fire and his bones ached. He was in someone's arms as they cried over him. He opened his eyes against his instincts and saw that he was in Sirius's arms. Seeing him awake, Sirius began bouncing him slightly in his arms trying to comfort him. Harry wanted to scream at him to stop, that it hurt but before he could do so much as cry he passed out.

The next time he awoke it was to Hagrid's loud cry. The pain he had felt earlier was gone. He was swaddled tightly in a basket. He was on already on the Dursley's door step he realized. He tried to wiggle but found his movement was restricted by the tightly wrapped blanket.

"He's awake," came the voice of McGonagall somewhere above him.

"Poor little guy doesn' even know what's happenin,'" said Hagrid with a sniffle.

"I'll just spell him to sleep till the morning," said Dumbledore waving his wand above Harry never realizing the glare that was slightly ruined by Harry's current stature leveled at him from the basket. Harry blocked the charm but closed his eyes feigning sleep. The sooner they left the sooner he could leave as well. He maybe in a child's body, but he had eighteen years of knowledge that he was going to put to good use.

Eventually the three adults left and Harry wiggled his way out of the swaddled blankets. Although he was a baby with very little muscle mass he knew he was also a Metamorphagus. His ability was currently blocked but if he could find the block on his core he may be able to pick it apart. He sat on the steps of number 4 Privet Drive with his eyes closed as he meditated inward to find the restrictive block. It took him sometime to unwind the block that was on his core and the beginnings of the sunrise were on the horizon. Changing his body Harry filled out some of his muscle mass so that he would be able to hold himself up properly. Not enough to look like some jacked up freak of a baby but enough to make him look at least three years older than he was. Not that that made much of a difference considering he would still be seen as a child but it was the most he could do for now.

Harry glanced at the basket and blanket that he had arrived in. He was going to be leaving before the Dursley's even knew he was here so that Dumbledore wouldn't know he could do magic and would believe that someone else had found him and took him away before the blood wards could become active. Harry took the blanket out of the basket and put the letter that fell out of its folds into the basket before casting a wandless incendo. The wicker burned easily and Harry vanished the ashes before apperating away. He had goblins to speak to.

____________________Ten Years Later ____________________

Harry had been emancipated and had lived on his own since that Halloween night. He lived in the muggle world but kept up on the magical world's news. About three years ago the Wizarding World as a whole had realized Albus Dumbledore had lost the boy who lived and now he had to be careful about entering the magical world so he wasn't recognized. Living alone hadn't been easy when he was younger even though he was emancipated in both worlds. People didn't seem to believe him until he showed proof. As he became older this became less so as he used his Metamorphagus skills to make him look a bit older. Still he only looked fourteen at the oldest, which meant people sometimes looked at him funny when he went to his university classes, although most of the campus was beginning to see him as a familiar sight.

Harry had, had no desire to repeat most of his muggle schooling, especially considering his eidetic memory and his Occulamcy had allowed him to retain his complete knowledge, so at the age of six he had tested out of school and at the age of seven he was attending university classes. At the age of nine he was the youngest person to ever attain their mastery in not one but two fields in linguistics and in political science. He was currently studying for his mastery exam in psychology that he was to be taking in two months he had already finished and published his thesis in social psychology and all that was left was the exam. He was working through the summer to finish it before going to Hogwarts.