Chapter 34 ~ Trusting the rogue

"I'm so glad I punched you before. Cause by the look on your face now you've made up and I'd be disliked by Matt if I were to harm you now. Then again that does not mean that I like you Ethan. Right now you have a lot to work for if you want to stay with my little brother. Don't think for a second that I can't tear you apart if I think that's what would be best for Matthew." Lionel said as soon as we stepped into the clinic again and his eyes found those of my mate.

Ethan gave my brother a slight huff but nodded nevertheless.

"I know I have a lot to make up for." He muttered, glaring slightly at Lionel, probably because he mentioned taking me away. It wouldn't happen though, I knew we could work things out from here on.

"By the way Matt. Why is this place stinking lemon-spray? Did you have an accident in here or something?" Ethan suddenly said and I could feel my breath hitch in my throat. 

Shit he noticed. 

Wait, if all he could smell was the lemon-spray then maybe he hadn't figured out that there was another wolf here. One that we didn't really like...

"I know it's weird. Matthew nagged me to..." Lionel started but I immediately cut him off by throwing myself into Ethan's arms and saying:

"Clean! I nagged him to clean this place up since it was so dirty. Not my fault that all he had was lemon-scented spray!"

My mate and my brother both looked at me, probably wondering what I was up to. None of them seemed too affected by the batting of my eyelashes.

"What are you hiding Matthew?" Ethan said, raising an eyebrow as he stared down at me in silent questioning. I could feel my face flush slightly as he pinched my side and his intense gaze focused solely on my guilty face. Shit.

"It's not my fault I swear! It's Lionel who's obsessed with strange animals and he is the one who took him in! I had nothing to do with it and trust me I tried to get him to leave I promise!" I suddenly yelled, pointing an accusing finger at my older brother who was now staring at me in surprise. He definitely didn't expect me to throw him under the bus like this but he had to understand that it was important.

"Wait what? Get who to leave? What are you talking about Matt?" Ethan said, taking a hold of my arms and making me turn to face him. He stared at my face and his gaze followed mine as I involuntarily glanced in the direction of the door that lead to the back of the clinic.

My mate didn't say a thing as he released my arms and stalked towards the door. I threw Lionel a helpless look but he had no clue as to why I was freaking out. He didn't even know that the wolf at the back of the clinic was in fact a real human who was to blame for the kidnapping of Ash. I turned my eyes on Ethan again when he reached the door and I hurried to run after him as he stepped through the door and disappeared into the back rooms.

"Don't break anything in there! I need to make a call to a client so I'll leave you to it for now Matt." Lionel shouted as the door closed after me. Shit now it'd be just me, Ethan and Lazarus stuck in a small room without Lionel to calm things down.

I could see Ethan come to a stop right in front of the door to one of the back rooms and I hurried to catch up to him. I grabbed his arm just as he reached out to open the door and I quickly said in a pleading voice.

"Listen Ethan it's not as you think okay? The wolf..." I began but when the word 'wolf' passed my lips Ethan growled lowly and pulled out of my grip. He turned towards the door again and without hesitating he pushed it open and stepped inside the small room. I could see his body freeze slightly when his eyes most certainly caught sight of the wolf on the floor and I tried to look around my mate to see how Lazarus would react.