Chapter 10: To Chase a Con-Artist

It's been a few weeks after the small incident, things at school was the usual. John and I kept being bullied, Seraphina save our asses, etc. The most importantly though, despite all the savings... John is getting more aggressive than ever. He doesn't gel his hair, he has a stoic expression, and Sera is getting a bit worried. I knew it has to do with Arlo, he's also trying to uncover John. Whatever it is John's hiding, I think it's best to let it stay hidden.

I sigh. I've finally get a chance to take a break to hang out with Remi and her friends, Blyke and Isen, which I'm not to keen on hanging out with them.

"I'm actually starting to regret going to the mall." I groan right next to Remi.

"Whaaat? It'll be fine! Besides, consider this as an apology for me electrocuting you." Remi smile at me.

"It's fineee!" I sigh. "You didn't have to drag me. I'm just a cripple-"

"Aoi." She put her hands on her hips.

"Hm?" I stop and look at her.

"Reference yourself as a Cripple again and I might 'accidently'-" She put in air quotes, "-Electrocute you."

I gulped, "Y-Yeah!" I wave my hands in surrender.

"Good." She smile and walk away.

I groan and look at my phone and see missed text messages from my friend from Agwin High, Rein.

'Aw crap.' I groan and text her.

<Hey!>

<Aoi, you idiot! Where have you been?!> Rein responded quickly.

<Sorry, school's been kicking my ass all day long. I'm on watch for the next few days.>

<Oh! Sorry.>

<It's fine. How's your school?>

<Boring as ever. Broven is being...>

<Broven?> I suggest.

<Yeah, Broven being Broven.>

I chuckle and heard Remi, "Hey Aoi? What are you waiting for slow poke!"

"I'll be there in a sec!" I wave back.

<I have to go, text you later>

<yeah, text you later>

I turn off my phone and catch up with Remi who was walking towards two guys.

"Sorry for the wait guys!" Remi walk up to Blyke and Isen, with me shuffling along, "Aoi's just slowing me down." She look behind.

"I'm nooooot!" I whine.

Remi ignored me and turn around, "Let's get going!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at Isen weirdly as he look at the two pens.

'Isen, can you stop looking at pens for fuck sake?!' I groan.

"Something the matter?" Blyke walk up.

"Eh, does Isen take his time on pens?" I point at him.

"Yep..." He groan.

"Pen fetish?" I smirk.

"Definitely." Blyke smirk back.

"Hey Blyke!" I heard Remi's voice, "Guess who I am!"

I turn and see Remi in a charge up position, holding a ball between her hands, "Are you trying to impersonate Blyke-"

"Dodge this!" She cried out and hit Blyke in the face.