Chapter Thirty Three

Hailey's POV

"Hail?" My dad softly knocks on my door.

I didn't have to wait long for him to pick me up from school, I waited in the office for about a good three minutes when my dad got there and signed me out. He continued to asked me repeatedly what really happen with Isaac, calling him every name in the book, threatening to kill him for making his little girl cry. I didn't want to tell him exactly why I was crying, that Isaac was already fucking around with someone, acting like I never mattered, so I simply said that he no longer wanted me in his life, that I didn't belong in his world and to this my dad didn't argue with.

Why would he? It was one less thing for him to worry about, right? He simply sighed deeply telling me things would get better, to give it time, that maybe Isaac breaking up with me wasn't a bad thing, maybe he was doing it to protect me. I highly doubt that. I didn't respond, I took my pills back out of my bag asking my dad if he could open them for me and he refused to. He said he wanted me to eat first, he wanted food in my system before I decided to numb myself. I tried explaining to him that I couldn't eat, I wasn't hungry, I didn't have any type of appetite but he wasn't having it. He actually took them from me saying I wouldn't get them back as long as I didn't eat, so I caved and promised to at least try.

We went back home to pick up Caleb, and then my dad took us to a small Mexican restaurant in town. My brother had officially decided not to go back to school, he decided he was transferring back out here, seeing how his girlfriend was. My dad didn't mind though, he was happy to have Caleb back at home, as long as he continued to go to school or get a job at least, but Caleb wanted to finish his education. He was currently working on getting his bachelor's degree in criminal justice, he too wanted to be in law enforcement, he wanted to be a probation officer.

My dad ordered me a plate that came with two small tacos, rice, and some beans. I literally only bit my taco once and had about three spoonful's of rice when I decided that I didn't want anymore. He said all I had to do was try, and that's what I did, I tried, and then I started getting nauseous. I felt horrible, I didn't want to be there, I just wanted to go home, crawl into bed, and sleep until the end of time, and that's what I did.

I managed to distract myself until my dad and Caleb finished their food and we went back home. My dad instantly gave me one of my pills but instructed that I stay down stairs with him, so I did. I took my pill, went upstairs to change, grabbed my earphones, waffles, and cuddled up on the couch until my medication kicked in. I don't know how long I had been out already, but I woke up while my dad was bringing me upstairs to my bedroom and fell back to sleep immediately.

"Hail?" My dad murmurs a little louder. I can feel him sitting at the edge of my bed, but it's nearly impossible to open my eyes right now. "You have company, kiddo." I feel him place his hand on my leg, on top of the blanket, slightly shaking it.

"Hmm," I hum, eyes still glued shut.

"Carmen's here, honey." Carmen? "I'll leave you girls alone," my dad murmurs, but I have a feeling that he's not talking to me. "I'll be down stairs if you need me."

"Sure thing, Mr. Summers."'

I manage to slowly pry my eyes open, gathering any little strength I had just to keep them open. I felt completely out of it, numb, numb to the world, the sedative clearly still in my system. I watched my father walk out of my bedroom, shutting my door behind him as my best friend just stood there in the middle of my room.

She smiles sadly making her way over towards me. She removes her bag placing it on the ground, but it's not her ordinary bag, it's a duffle bag. Carmen then crouches down in front of my bed, "Hi, Hail bear," she brushes some of my hair away from my face, as my eyes start to grow weak and slowly close back up. "Can I lay down with you?" She says softly and I nod my head slowly.