This Little Village

You jumped awake as you heard the clash of thunder. Your breathing became ragged as you started to panic, going back into the time where you stood in a sea of dead bodies after a neighbouring village attacked yours.

The men brought had a new type of weapon that everyone now fears...

Guns

Your breaths became louder and more ragged as you started to tumble deeper into an abyss of fear. You felt a pair of hands on your shoulder, and freaked out.

"PLEASE NO!! GET OFF OF ME!!" You thrashed your way out from under that touch. Scrambling away from where you were, you yelped as you fell off of the bed. Taking a moment to think, you realised that you were at your hut in your bedroom.

Another boom of thunder rolled over the sky, and you curled up into a ball and whimpered. You heard the soft padder of footsteps approaching you.

"M-Mikleo?" You shakily asked into the darkness.

"I'm right here hun." He responded by putting a comforting hand on top of your head. Taking a shaky breath in attempt to calm down, you looked up. Lightning lit up the room, and you were able to see calming violet eyes staring down at you.

Mikleo knelt down so that he was in front of you, and wrapped his arms around you. Leaning into his embrace, you trembled with fear as another loud bang of thunder was heard.

Mikleo gently rubbed your back in attempt to calm you down. He even went as far as to cup his hands around your ears. You at some point fell asleep.

You later woke up still in that position, Mikleo fast asleep as well. The storm was long gone, and the sky was slightly lit up from the morning sun.

You wiggled out of Mikleo's grasp, making sure not to wake him up. You grabbed a hair tie, put your hair up into a messy bun, and walked over to the door of your hut.

Your hut was among one of the bigger ones, considering that Mikleo was the son of the late village's Chief, his heir.

You took a deep breath before pushing the door open. Squinting against the morning brightness, you smiled as you saw children running around, laughing while playing.

The innocence that they had seemed to be flowing out of them. The village was still recovering from the attack, yet everyone was still going about as if nothing had happened.

You saw smoke rising from several of the other huts, indicating that their residents were cooking something that required a fire.

You knew this, yet you still became a little nauseous. Touching the door frame for support, you leaned against it and closed your eyes.

Calm down Y/A... just breath...

Slowly, you opened your eyes. You noticed a blond haired woman walking next to a light brown haired child, holding his hand.

Alisha, your sister-in-law, smiled when she noticed you. The little boy next to her let go of her hand and took off running towards you.

You pushed yourself off of the door frame, and took a couple of steps outside.

"Aunt Y/A!" The light brown haired, green eyed boy yelled as he jumped into your arms.

"Hi Theyan!" You smiled at the child as you caught him. Twirling him around in your arms, he let out a delighted squeal.

You put him down as Alisha walked up. Theyan ran back over to his mother, who picked him up.

"He's growing up too fast." You smiled sadly.