12. I love you

Baylor 5 years ago

I run inside the apartment and begin packing all my clothes that I can fit in a suitcase, I grab a few of kaylees things and both of our sketch pads. I open up my laptop and buy a plane ticket to Ohio and print out the receipt.

I open my bedroom door and check Cams room. He's already in the truck, his room is empty. I head for the door but Asher's door begins to open and I hurriedly throw my suitcase back in my room and shut the door.

I watch as Asher emerges shirtless from his bedroom and he runs his fingers through his unruly blonde hair, his eyes squint tiredly at the brightness of the sun shining through our patio door and he looks at me. The sun shines brightly on his face enhancing his blue eyes that Ive grown to find comfort in. My heart shatters in my chest at the thought of him having nobody left.

"Hey beautiful."
He smiles and pulls me towards him. The pain I feel when I look at him right now is an excruciating black pit growing deeper and deeper in my chest.

I can't believe I'm leaving, the tears sting my eyes but I hold them back and force a smile.

"Hey ash."
He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me softly, I kiss him back and the kiss becomes heavier, more passionate than ever before.

I put my hands on his chest and slightly push him back but keep him close to me. I look up into his clear blue eyes, he lays his warm hand on my cheek and butterfly's and guilt fight inside my stomach.

"Let's go to your room."
I say softly and his eyebrows raise slightly.

"Again?" He smiles and I laugh as he grabs my waist and picks me up and I wrap my legs around him as he carries me into his bedroom. He shuts the door behind us and gently lays me down on his bed.

He hovers over me, his blonde hair falling in his face, both of our breaths heavy.

I tug at his shirt, and he flips us around so that I'm on top and I straddle his waist. He lets me take his shirt off, then gently and slowly he reaches for mine.

He scans over my body, softly touching my skin, sending a million jolts of electricity all through my body, and then we kiss.

-

I lay underneath the sheets in Asher's twin size bed with his arms around me, only wearing his black T-shirt, and I find myself never wanting to leave.

But Slowly and quietly I get out of his bed and the tears fall down my face. I look at him, sleeping, so innocent. I place a kiss on his cheek and sob harder and walk towards our bathroom door. I write him a note and I put it on the bathroom mirror with a picture of us and then I leave.

-

Asher POV.

I wake up smelling the lingering scent of the beautiful girl in my bed a few hours ago and I find myself smiling.

Smiling because my life isn't so bad anymore, smiling because I am deeply in love with my best friend, smiling because I have Bay.

Wanting her to come back and lay in my arms, I open up the bathroom door to go get her but stop when I see a note and a picture of us on the mirror.

A love note? I smile as I take it off the mirror and go back to my room.

Dear Asher,
I am so deeply and forever in love with you Asher Hill, and that is why I have to leave. I'm so sorry I have to do this to you, but I know you will find someone who can give you more than I can. Please don't look for me. I love you so much Asher, thank you for being my best-friend and my rock these past months. I don't know what I would have done without you. I wish with every fiber of my bones that it didn't have to be this way. It physically hurt me too much to say these next words, so I hope you won't hate me too much for leaving you this letter. . .Goodbye, Ash.

This is a joke. She can't be gone. My heart pounds in my chest as I run through the bathroom door and straight into her room. The bed is stripped of its sheets. Her drawers hang open empty. My palms begin to sweat as I look in her closet. . . Nothing. She's gone.

I run out of her room and begin to pound on Cameron's door. My heart feels as if it's about to explode and my hands shake erratically. No. No no no no no. This can't be real. I just got her back, she can't be gone! I open Cams door and see an empty room with just a mess of sheets on his bed. He's gone too. What the fuck is this? Some kind of sick joke?! Where the hell is my family. . .

-

Asher Present day

I can't help the rage gushing through my veins. I'm angry, angry for Bay senselessly taking my beautiful little girl from me for five miserable years. Mia lays in my arms, her chocolate brown hair falling in perfect curls all over my chest and arm. Her face is without a single flaw on her pale skin. She is absolutely perfect. More than I could ever ask for. My daughter is asleep in my arms almost too big now to hold and yet I don't know a single thing about her. Is she like me with a bad attitude? Or does she have her mothers amazing compassion for others. Is her sense of humor dark and witty or is she the source of light causing people to smile just by being around her.

I can tell it's the second one because I don't think a smile has left my face since I've seen her. I love her with every ounce of blood running through my body, and I don't even know her.

Bay re-emerges from the kitchen where her and Leah were making lunch and my smile falters as she timidly walks towards me with a plate of food.

She sits it down at the table beside me but I keep my eyes on Mia.

"You named her after my mom." I state but it comes out more as a question. She stops and looks at me for a moment before sitting down next to me.

"Remember one of the last nights we spent together?" She asks and I laugh.

"You told me if you ever had a daughter you wanted to name her Mia. A shorter form of Emila. So I named her after your mom and us. Mia Ashlor Hill." She says and my heart stops. I look up at Bay and she gives me a small smile before standing and walks back into the kitchen.

She gave our daughter my last name.

-

A/N; hey guys! Are you enjoying the story so far? I hope so!