31.

"Are you sure about this?" Cade asked, staring at the number written into the phone. I nodded my head hesitantly letting out an uncertain sigh, "Yeah, I'm sure" I responded, taking the silver device from his hand. "I don't think calling Joshua Joyce is a good idea, like, at all" Shane mused, giving me a concerned look. I let out a shaky breath, before pressing the call button and lifting the phone to my ear.

The phone rang about seven times and I started to lose all hope that my plan wouldn't work at all, but a voice on the other end proved me otherwise. "Hello?" Joshua's voice asked, surprising me as I didn't expect him to answer. Gathering all the confidence I could muster, I began to speak. "Hey bigshot, your company is in serious trouble" I began. "You better have a damn good lawyer" he retorted immediately, obviously knowing exactly who he was talking to. I scoffed "Really? Well you better have a great one because you're about to be responsible for the annihilation of a city" I snapped, pacing back and forth with both Shane and Cade watching. "Now you listened to me..." I continued, "...Your tech has been hacked, your prototypes are infected and now Galvatron is after that Seed" I paused, looking over at Cade who seemed just as tense as I was. He gave me a small nod, motioning for me to continue. "Look, I know you have a conscience because you're an inventor like my friend Cade Yeager here. I know how you think, do not let Galvatron anywhere near that Seed" I told him, expecting silence to proceed over the phone. But I was wrong. "I control Galvatron..." Joshua responded "...I created him-" "Well deep down I know you know, your prototype is controlling you" I interrupted, halting him mid sentence. I hung up the phone and let out a frustrated shout, before handing the phone back to Shane with a mumbled 'thanks'. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the Autobots had gathered around, each one of them watching me intently, waiting for my next move. 

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes in an attempt to calm myself before opening them. "How fast can that thing get us half way around the world?" I asked Drift, gesturing towards the ship we had commandeered. A smirk formed on his faceplate and his optics lit up with excitement. "Very. It's a spaceship..." he responded matter-of-factly. I chuckled softly "Well, you have a point" i responded, shaking my head in amusement. But that mood suddenly changed, as the blades of a helicopter and the sirens of Police cars echoed in the distance, slowly getting louder as they quickly approached. My gaze quickly turned to Optimus, who gave me a kurt nod in understanding. "It's now or never! We have to go!" he announced, walking over to me and lowering his servo. I carefully climbed on, looking back at Cade and Shane as they turned in the other direction "We've got to get Tessa, we'll meet you at the ship!" Cade shouted as both him and Shane disappeared further into the train yard. 

I turned away hesitantly, quickly climbing onto Optimus's shoulderplate and holding onto the armour to steady myself. "They'll be alright, Hound and Bumblebee have gone with them" he informed me, which somewhat eased up the tension a little bit. We had reached the ship, where Optimus put me down once again and opened the door, allowing me to go aboard first. I spun on my heel to see if anyone else was boarding, and was surprised to see Tessa walking up the ramp, with her arms tightly held to her body as she was closely followed by Bumblebee as well as Cade and Shane. Optimus stood beside the ship, and motioned for the rest of the Autobost to board. "Move, we're retrieving The Seed, but then we're done defending the humans".