10. Run away

ROZIE'S POV

We've been walking past a sea of faces, bumping into each one coming our way. He had his face down not seeing how pissed off each person was as we made our way into the crowd. I tried my best to apologize every single time but what the heck, it's just useless, there were too many of them! We turned corner after corner. At first, I was trying to figure out which area of Itaewon we were at the moment but it got to the point when I got too dizzy to care. I began to wonder where exactly we were heading to but the fact that he's been holding my hand ever since we left the restaurant made me feel secure.

We suddenly came to a stop in front of a café. He pulled me to the side where scooters parked and immediately went towards one of them. He opened the compartment and took the key as if he actually knew it was there already and put the scooter to life. He got himself seated and seemed ready to go.

"What are you still doing there?? Let's go!"

"But isn't this illegal?" I hesitated.

"Just hop in. Come on!"

"Ya!" Said the man seated inside the counter of the restaurant. He dashed towards the door and my instinct was to run. I put my hands around his waist and we began to move at full speed. I looked back at the man who was shouting at us infuriated by the fact that his scooter had just got stolen.

What did I just get myself into?!! I have never committed a crime in my entire life nor done anything illegal; well, I may have cheated on one of my exams but seriously, robbery? I closed my eyes and let out a cry of desperation.

"Is something wrong?"

"What?! This scooter is not ours! Couldn't we just take a cab to wherever we're supposed to go? I couldn't believe this. This is a violation of the law. And mind you, being in jail was never a part of my bucket list!"

He chuckled.

"And you think this is funny huh? You're a local here and an idol at that. You could just bail yourself out and your management could just take care of everything. But what about me? I'd be stuck here or be deported or something. Argh...."

"I'll bail you out then don't worry."

I pinched the side of his waist.

"Hey, I'm driving here!"

"He must have called the cops already. Maybe they're tailing us right now."

"Stop worrying okay. He's not gonna report us to anyone, believe me."

"How could you be so sure? The guy just lost a scooter!"

"Hahaha. He's my brother."

My eyes widened. "Seriously??" I leaned to his side to see his face.

"Yes," he said to my face so close I could feel his breath on my cheeks.

I slapped his arm. "Then why didn't you just tell me! I was having a breakdown already."

He chuckled.

I pouted.

"Anyways, where are we heading to?"

"Gyeongbokgung."

"Oh." He seemed to notice that I didn't know what the place is.

"Gyeongbokgung Palace, the largest one in Seoul. Your hanbok experience is finally coming to life."

"OMG! I can't believe it. Jennie would die if she knew about this!!" I was smiling like a little girl who just got her first barbie doll. He was driving like a mad man but I didn't really mind. I circled my hands around his waist and leaned my head against his back. He smelled really good. I could stay in this moment for years!

SUGA'S POV

The phone in my pocket has been ringing non-stop. I could just imagine the endless curses of my managers once they get their hands on my head tomorrow. I'm dead meat! It's already mid-day and I'm driving at full speed just so I could get her to as many places as possible. Besides, the last time I have actually strolled in Seoul was way back in my trainee days. This will really be a refresher for me.

I suddenly felt her hands circle my waist. It made me feel.. good. She then rested her head against my back- that even felt better. I suddenly found myself smiling. This run-away thing is slowly becoming worth it.

We finally arrived at the palace. There are just too many people here. Whites, Blacks, Latinos you name it! If I get out of this place unnoticed, I'm a heck of one lucky guy!

I held her hand, and why not? She doesn't seem to mind and I ..really like it. And it makes walking a lot faster since I can drag her wherever I want to. Ha!

We made our way to the Hanbok rental and began choosing from a wide variety of colors. She chose the hot pink and white ensemble and went straight to the fitting room. I was left puzzled about which one to try on. The last time I wore one was during Chuseok two years ago. I finally got the pale blue and gray ensemble. The old lady was looking at me very intently. I avoided her gaze and hurried to change.

**inside the fitting room

I hate wearing this. Tourists may seem so interested in this costume since it often appears in Korean series on TV but seriously, this is just too thick and too hot to wear especially on a sunny day. I heard a knock at the door from the lady asking if I need some help. The last thing I want right now is someone touching me. I looked at my reflection as I try to adjust the silly hat. Argh! I closed my eyes in disgust. Why am I doing this????!! I put my mask back on and opened the door. Let's get this over with.

The room was filled with young girls being dolled up by the store's assistants. I looked for her and she was nowhere to be seen. I scratched my head. Don't tell me she went on without me. I bit my lip screening the place one more time.

"Ahem... Ahjussi."

That voice sounded familiar. I turned around and found her standing right behind me. She looked ... beautiful. She had her hair pulled back into a neat ponytail and the ribbons and pins on her hair completed the look. Everything suited her perfectly. It was a good thing I had the mask on because I actually had my mouth open in awe.

"Do I look okay?" She asked as she turned from side to side.

I blinked several times just so she won't notice me admiring her from head to toe.
"It suits you. And I'm not that old to be called Ahjussi by the way." Sounding cool.

She snickered. "Oppa then?" She pursed her lips together.

This girl is teasing me.

"You look really good by the way. Much better if you take that mask off"

"Ha. I wish. Let's get going, we still have lots to go to."

We went inside the palace and of course, I took pictures of her and she of me. She's lucky enough I have an eye for photography so every shot was really IG-worthy.

"Can I take a picture of us? Together?... with the mask off??"

I want to but the picture could spread...

"I promise I won't upload it. Just a keepsake." She's looking at me with those doll eyes and I just couldn't refuse. Why does she have this effect on me??

She took a few shots with her camera and I couldn't resist but to take one as well with my phone. Just for courtesy, that's all. Just to make her feel that she interests me...a lot.

After half an hour, we decided to return the costumes and go to the next stop.

To be continued...