Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five – The Beast Within.

Almost a week had passed after Kaden and I went to Rosie's for breakfast. We texted and video called each other, but I had become busy when lecturers decided to pile on the assignments.

I rush up the stairs and into the college library, swiping my card at the gates before taking the elevator up to the right floor. I had woken up late today because I forgot to charge my phone last night, therefore my alarm didn't ring.

I see a hand waving and a relieved sigh escapes me when Logan points to the free table he had snagged this morning. We had agreed to meet up in the library as we both had work to do, deciding to keep each other company.

Greeting him softly, I place my things on the table before taking a seat. He chuckles before passing me a coffee cup, making me forget everything and take it greedily. I smile happily after I've taken a sip, playfully glaring at Logan when he mockingly rolls his eyes at me and taps his watch.

We work for an hour, him typing away on his laptop whilst I start writing down the names of the books I need to get my reports done. I'm just about to get up when Logan takes the piece of paper and says he'll get them for me, needing two books himself.

I thank him as he walks off, returning to the document I had opened on the right side of my laptop. I had made it to half of the word count when I notice that Kaden is calling. Taking it off charge, I head out to the stairs where it's quiet and accept the call.

"Hello?" I answer the phone, taking a seat on the steps.

"Luna," Kaden's husky voice greets me, a frown gracing my lips when I hear the sharpness in his tone. "I'm picking you up this evening so have a bag ready."

"Kaden, I really can't today. I need to finish my reports and -"

His frustrated growl shuts me up, making my eyes widen. "Tonight is a full moon. I need you near me, Luna."

"Oh..." I trail off, realising why he was on edge today.

"You can do your work at my place. I'll pick you up around five, okay?" He asks and I can hear the pleading in his voice for me to understand his situation.

I smile and nod before face palming myself when I realise he can't see me. "Okay, I'll see you then."

"Thank you, angel." He murmurs gently, hanging up after I've said goodbye.

I make my way back to my seat, smiling giddily at the endearment before it's wiped off my face when Logan slams a few books onto our table. Our eyes widen and I struggle from bursting out laughing when he grimaces, his cheeks burning in embarrassment as he dutifully avoids everyone's stares.

"They were heavy." He defends, quickly taking a seat.

"Thank you." I whisper to him, gesturing towards the books.

He grins and nods in response before taking two books from the pile. I sigh heavily before taking the first thick book, opening it up only to groan quietly when the text isn't large enough. My poor eyes were going to be tired after this.

"Sucks to be you." Logan snickers, making me kick his shin under the table.

"Ow!" He whisper-shouts, clutching his leg whilst I giggle.

***