0.7

"WE'RE ON OUR way to the Triskellion now

"WE'RE ON OUR way to the Triskellion now. Stay alert, stay safe." Mal said before ending the call with Eve, who they had left stationed in Sam's house. She wasn't fit for combat, and it was her own idea to set up base in Sam's kitchen. Mal shifted slightly closer to Natasha, since she was sitting in the middle of the backseat between the spy and Jasper Sitwell.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said shortly, looking at Steve pointedly.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve said, making Sitwell's eyes widen.

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell shouted, before a loud thud suddenly hits the roof of the car. Sitwell is pulled out through the window, and thrown into oncoming traffic. Mal barely registers that he's dead before the man – the Winter Soldier – begins shooting at them through the roof. Natasha crawls up front, landing on Steve's lap before Mal follows, ending up half on Steve, and half on the center console of the car.

Mal lets out a yelp of surprise when another bullet pierces the roof directly behind her, before her eyes land on the emergency break. Quickly grabbing the handle, Mal pulls it, making the car screech to a halt, sending the soldier rolling off the car and onto the street.

"I can't believe that worked," Mal exclaimed. The soldier stands, complete unfazed, staring them down. Before they could move, another car crashes into the back of theirs, pushing them directly towards the soldier. "Oh, shit!" Mal shouts, watching the Winter Soldier jump back onto their car, before smashing directly through the windshield and pulling out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Sam shouted, echoing what Mal previously said. Natasha begins shooting at the soldier, but he jumps onto the vehicle behind them. Mal places a hand on the dashboard of the car, eyes glowing as she attempts to steer it away from crashing into other vehicles or the dividing wall. The car behind them rear-ends them again, sending the vehicle swerving directly into the dividing wall.

"Hang on!" Steve yells, pulling his shield up between them and the passenger side door. Mal takes her focus off of directing the car and turns to latch onto Steve, with Sam latching onto her. As the car flips up into the air, Steve breaks open the door, holding onto Natasha, Mal and Sam as best he can. They crash onto the pavement, with Mal flying off and rolling on the ground several times before coming to a stop. Mal groaned, standing up and dusting off her hands and jeans. Her palms were scraped and she would definitely have bruises later, but she couldn't focus on that now.

The Soldier is quickly joined by HYDRA agents, who begin shooting at the four of them. Mal puts up a shield, blocking the bullets as she and Natasha run one direction and Sam runs another, but Steve is blasted off of the overpass by a grenade. The Soldier continues firing at the pair of women, and Mal narrows her eyes, before grabbing onto Natasha's arm.

"Jump!" She shouts, directing them to the edge of the overpass. The two jump together just as another grenade explosion hits the ground they were previously standing on, and Mal shoots out a hand, using a burst of energy to break their landing. They only stop when Natasha holds a hand out, gesturing to the shadow of the Soldier, aiming his gun over the side of the overpass. Careful to not move too far out, Natasha fires at him, enough to distract the Soldier so she and Mal could run further to find cover with some cars.

The Soldier continues firing at them relentlessly, machine gun fire ringing out and mingling with the sound of people screaming. Mal stops, turning to look at the Soldier. She raises her hand before pulling it back quickly, attempting to pull the weapon from soldiers hands, but he holds on, flipping off of the overpass. He lands on the top of a car effortlessly, walking off of it and loading another grenade into his grenade launcher.

"Dammit!" Mal hissed angrily, before Natasha grabbed her arm, pulling her down behind a car.

"Stay quiet," She ordered, and Mal nodded. She could faintly hear a recording of Natasha's voice repeating orders a few cars over. Suddenly, there was an explosion, and Natasha jumps over the car and onto the Soldier's back. Mal raised her eyebrows in shock, looking over the car to see Natasha be thrown off. The Soldier doesn't even seem to notice Mal as he chases after Natasha. With a sigh, Mal sprints after them, keeping her eyes locked onto the Soldiers back. A gunshot cuts through the air, and Natasha falls to the ground, making Mal's heart nearly stop.

"No!" She screams in panic, alerting the Soldier to her presence. He turns, aiming the gun directly at Mal, but before he could fire, Steve tackles him from the side. Mal briefly registers their fighting before going to check on Natasha, and was relieved to find that she was very much alive, though now had an injured shoulder.

"The grenade launcher," Natasha said, looking over to the discarded weapon. Mal took the hint, quickly grabbing it off of the ground. Natasha leaned against the back of a car for support, while Mal aimed the launcher at the Soldier. When she saw his face, however, she froze, her eyes widening. His mask had fallen off, and now that she could clearly see him, she had flashbacks to the experiments, to the night she escaped. It was him. He was the reason she was even still alive. Sam swoops in, kicking the soldier and knocking him to the ground for a moment. "Mal, now!" Natasha shouted, and Mal flinched slightly, hesitantly firing the grenade at the Soldier.

Mal drops the launcher as cars surround them. HYDRA agents being led by Rumlow filter out and surround them, guns aimed directly at the group of four.

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down!" Rumlow shouts, and Steve does as told, dropping to the ground. They handcuff him, before Rumlow turns to Mal, who eyes him angrily. "On the ground!" He shouted, and Mal slowly did as told, before he shoved her roughly. Mal squirmed uncomfortably for a moment before she felt a sharp pinch on her neck. "This will keep you controlled, a gift from your makers," Rumlow hissed in her ear. Mal had memories of scientists shoving needle after needle into her skin, giving her a serum to change her, and then more to keep her abilities suppressed, to keep her docile. Mal began to feel drowsy, her vision getting hazy, before she was shoved into the back of a van.