Chapter 3

Constantin sat on the pack house patio rail watching Natalya talk to some pack members. A few glanced his way curiously but again no one held a look of pity in their eyes. No one looked at him like he was a different person or like the person he was feeling inside. Broken beyond repair.

He swallowed the lump that was now forming in his throat before tearing his gaze from his mate and speculated her territory. Her land looks very well taken care of. Everyone seemed to put their share of work in keeping this land alive and well nurtured.

His mate was everything he could dream of. She was confident and skilled. He listened in on her conversation with her pack members and her decisions regarding issues are fair and compassionate. One thing he had learned while snooping on the conversation was that she was an Alpha who not dictate what she wanted.

Instead, she held a teaching attitude that immediately earned the trust of her pack members. Her willingness to listen to their suggestion and add her own ideas to theirs exposed how she valued their opinions.

It only also proved to him how much he felt like a waste to her. He should be happy but she deserved someone who wasn't mute. Someone who could stand by her side and be able to speak.

Constantin felt a presence to his left and he looked up to see Beta Yulian stepping out of the pack house onto the porch. He glanced toward Natalya before looking back at Constantin. Beta Yulian moved to sit in the rail opposite of Constantin while they both look at Natalya who was laughing at a pack member.

"She's great, isn't she? Who would have thought that she was capable of being such a great Alpha." Yulian said with a lot of admiration.

Yulian exhaled slowly before turning to look back at Constantin. "I hope you understand how much you mean to her."

Constantin fisted his hands to stop the emotions building up in him. She meant a lot to him and it hasn't even been a day since he spent in her presence. Yulian continued to speak, grasping the opportunity that Constantin hasn't left him yet.

"I have known her for a very long time, Alpha Constantin. She and I grew up together and she is like a sister to me. If you ever hurt her, I'll make sure she never sees you again. If that means helping her move on and finding herself a chosen, then I will do what I need to do." Yulian threatened.

Constantin's jaw locked in anger. He didn't like the idea of her with another. After a minute Yulian spoke up again. The man was pissing Constantin off but Constantin knew he was right.

Before coming out here to speak with the pack, Natalya had brought him down to the dinner where she introduced him to the pack as her destined mate. He felt uncomfortable under their intense evaluation of him but once he looked up and saw no sign of disgust or hatred towards him he breathed a sigh of relief. Natalya's soft hand on the back of his shoulder blades only proved to calm the rest of his nerves.

Her pack was nothing like the pack he was use to. They held the same resentment as Alpha Viktor. They were greedy like him. Their constant selfishness was what led to a rogue attack that killed many, including his parents.

Constantin was a warrior in his pack. His family lineage have always been that way. His mother and father were both warriors that were trained to protect Alpha Viktor.

No one knew but Alpha Viktor was Constantin's cousin. They both had Alpha blood running in their veins. On the day the rogue attack happened—Constantin cut his line of thoughts short. He didn't want to think about it.

Natalya appeared in front of them a bright smile on her face. "Constantin, it is getting late. Are you ready for bed?"

I woke up a few hours ago after finding out I was kidnapped. He signed.