Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two – Back to You.

Kaden Reid's P.O.V.

I grab my suitcase from the revolving belt before rushing towards the exit of the airport. I make my way to a taxi and thank the driver who helps me with my luggage, rattling off my address as we get in the car. The engine starts and the radio resumes on the station it was last on.

As he drives further away from the airport, I am left with nothing but panic and fear. Would Luna be alright? What if Rico didn't reach on time and Ace had hurt her? I think to myself, my fists clenching at the idea of him getting close to my mate.

When Rico called me and relayed last night's events, I immediately wanted to catch the next flight over but he reassured me that Luna is unharmed. What could Ace possibly want with Luna? I wonder, my gaze drifting to the raindrops hitting the car's window.

I had been banished from my father's pack long before he died. I couldn't understand why his Beta was following me, wherever I went Ace was sure to show up. But now that he had come so close to harming Luna, I needed to act and ensure her safety. I don't care if anything happens to me but I would never risk Luna getting hurt. She means everything to me.

I sigh, resting my head against the window. I had longed for a mate but was ashamed of my background. I didn't think my mate would want to be with me when she learned that I don't belong to a pack and my life is filled with danger with people wanting to punish me for my father's wrongdoings.

On top of that, I am still trying to establish myself and because of that, I am financially unstable. I have nothing to offer Luna except my love and company, so you can imagine my surprise when she wanted to be with me. I have never felt so happy in my life when she admitted that she liked me and wanted to be with me for who I was.

I have been blessed with a brown eyed angel in my life and it has made me complete. Luna was shy at first but I love how she became comfortable around me. All I want to do is hold her and never let her go.

***

It's eight in the morning when I finally walk into Axel's home. Rico meets me by the door and leads me towards the sitting room where Axel and Owen are waiting on the couches. They get up to meet me before I set my luggage down and take a seat.

"Where is she?" I growl, glancing at Rico as he takes a seat on the armchair.

"Upstairs, sleeping. She's fine, Kaden." He smiles reassuringly, but it does nothing to calm my wolf and I down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Axel speaks in a gruff tone, an undertone of hurt in his voice.

"It was nothing serious until Rico and I were in Spain. I didn't want to worry anybody but Ace started getting more violent in gaining my attention. I don't even know the reason why he's so interested in my whereabouts after the pack was wiped out." I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, leaning back in my seat.

"We're going to figure this out -"

"No." I shook my head, immediately refusing. "You have your pack to think about, I can't be selfish and put you all in danger. Moon Goddess knows how many people Ace has on his side."